Some pics from Thursday

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HoosierShadow, May 22, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I posted some pics of our shed/minibarn progress in the barnyard bonanza section.

I went out for a little while Thursday afternoon to play with my 3yo daughter and the goats in the woods. The goats LOVE the wooded area, and spend all day over there. And of course wherever they are...my daughter is sure to be with them!

Our buckling - he is still nameless! My husband wants to call him Redhead....WTH? LOL I told him that is a 'girly' name and he says it's not...LOL I was thinking of something a little different, but nothing solid yet. He is a WILD CHILD, not real tamed down yet. If you catch him, he is fine, but he will run from you. He was with a rowdy group of doelings...poor guy just didn't stand a chance with them LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a photoshop glow/sephia edit...
    [​IMG]

My 3yo daughter playing in the woods. Usually she sees the camera and runs the other direction LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My daughter and her friends, Sweetheart and Snow White.
    [​IMG]

It was hard to get good exposure in the woods, but this pic was priceless...the expression on Snow White's face...LOL
    [​IMG]

My daughter...looking for trouble...
    [​IMG]

Yep she was playing in the creek...haha...
    [​IMG]

I think nearly all of my pics of Sweetheart in the woods were like this...up in the trees...LOL
    [​IMG]

Snow White and Sweetheart munching..
    [​IMG]

Sweetheart actually stopped and looked at the camera!
    [​IMG]

Sweetheart peeking at me
    [​IMG]

Sweetheart watching my daughter...yeah they are animal cracker junkies LOL
    [​IMG]

Snow White late in the evening, she is getting more and more tan coloring around her neck each day. She's such a sweetie.

[​IMG]

And...

So far this is our goat pen...

[​IMG]
    We have the roof on it now for the most part <we have a little section to finish>, and all the pallets cleaned up around it/the temporary shelter taken down. Although I did have to put a pallet inside for them to lay on because they LOVE to sleep on the pallets.

The next pic is the bigger grassy area.
    [​IMG]

OUr garden area. We are doing a lot of replanting right now due to all the rain... Eventually if we do keep our garden in this spot we'll put up some better fencing and posts <right now we are using chicken wire - works good so far!>

[​IMG]

Another section of grassy area in front of the garden.
    I love that I can see the entire pen <except for the wooded area> from the deck, or if I am looking out the windows.

[​IMG]

Molly after a long day in the woods! She is the one I've been posting about in the Caprine Care section. I need to get more recent pics of her.
    [​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Those are great pics! Your daughter is adorable and goats look fabulous!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Really nice pics...and what a beautiful little girl........ :thumb: :love:

May I ask ....did your buck get frost bite..on the tips of his ears.? Couldn't help but notice....them.... :hug:

4. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks! my daughters name is Marissa. I have a 9yr old son and 11yr old daughter - they were at school when we were out playing in the woods.

I honestly don't know what happened to his ears, we just bought him a couple of weeks ago. He was in with a bunch of rowdy girls <LOL>, so I could only imagine what might have happened, but it looks fine, just a scar. Could definitely have been frost bite. He's 4 months old.

5. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Awww your daughter looks so sweet and well-behaved... I dunno what it is, but she just strikes me as one of those easier going kiddos :)

As for your buck- I'd give him a viking name what with the red head n' all :)

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    ADORABLE pics of your little one! She is a beauty.

Looks like a goat paradise there...trres and pasture!

IDK.... But the name "Beacon" came to mind for your little guy, the white spot on his nose really stands out!

7. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Those are just wonderful pictures, and your daughter is irresistible! Thanks so much for showing them.

Jan

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Hmmm I wonder what viking word would go good with Beacon? I like the mix on that! And I agree about the spot on his nose, I think that's why I liked him so much! I love his markings. He's really WILD though, he won't come to you, or let you pet him. However, you can rub on him while he is eating <we hold his feeder so we can keep the does from taking his food>. He will come around us though. I need to start catching him and working with him more.

My daughter is quite a character! There is never ever a dull moment around her! She's 3, but some of the things she says just blows me away coming from a 3yo!
    She is pretty laid back, but she has her moments and can be very stubborn - daddy has her spoiled!
    She's great around the goats, every now and then I have to say something to her, but for silly stuff....she is quite the comedian.
    Mostly I have to remind her that the goats can't have her snacks.... it's bad enough she sneaks them animal crackers LOL We're trying to keep them at a good weight so they don't get too big - don't want any complications when it's time to kid because of size, so hopefully being careful works!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I do have to say.... he is a cutie.....was just curious... if ya knew.... :thumb: :wink: :hug:

10. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Thanks for sharing the pictures! I love seeing pics of other people's babies. Hmmm, a name like Beacon and viking-ish...I like Baron. "The Red Baron" :p