Some pics = NEW PICS PAGE 2 March 15th

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 5, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    We were going to get rid of this wood pile long ago, but the kids LOVE playing on it...
    [​IMG]

My baby :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The buckling I have to go out and check on every few hours to make sure he's getting a full belly <posted about him in kidding section>, he's my lil sweetie
    dam is red boer/nubian and sire for all my kids is our fullblooded boer buck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My herd queen, and 2nd in command reminding each other where they stand...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trouble and her doeling
    [​IMG]

Ithma and her 8 week old twins...
    [​IMG]

Madison and Flash are growing so fast! They are just under 40lbs now
    [​IMG]

And one more....

Anyone care to caption this next one?? :laugh: :ROFL:
    [​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: Some pics from the past couple of days...

AW! love em, they're getting big too!

3. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

4. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Your picture taking skills are amazing :D

Your babies are so gorgoues! The one thing I miss about the boers, they are so cute as babies!

5. Crossroads Boers

Crossroads Boers Colorful Quality Boers

Feb 19, 2011
    Mossyrock,WA

They are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the picture where the two does and headbutting and the kids are watching. :eek:)

6. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas

WOW ,you have really beautiful goaties and you take some really awesome pictures!!!!!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Beautiful..... :thumb: :love:

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Wow Candice they are getting soo big. I love how rich red colored Troubles kids are. Madison and Flash are growing really fast. It is so sad to watch them go from newborns to adults so fast but I guess that its good they are growing this well or I would say we have problems.

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Beautiful photos!!

10. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much everyone, I love stalking them with the camera when I have a chance :)

Roger - I totally agree, I wish they didn't have to grow up so fast! Madison is such a 'chunk' hehe! We're starting to work with them on a leash, Flash is so laid back he just kind of goes with the flow, I'm going to be heartbroken when we eventually have to sell him :'(

11. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I always like looking at your pictures! Beautiful!

12. Dodge 'Em

Dodge 'Em New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Cedar Hill,TN

Nice shots!

Hey, on your little doe with the creased (longways) ears....if you take a small piece of popcicle stick (a little smaller than the width of her ear) and duct tape it to the top part of her ears, it will possibly take the crease out of it. Leave it on till it falls off by itself. In registered shows the crease is an automatic disqualification....I dont know about 4-H. The folds at the bottom do not matter....although I have one doe now, the previous owner tried to "just slice the skin and pull the bottom of her ear down, when she was born" and he cut off the whole bottom of her ear!!!
    You can tell me to stay out of your business if you want. LOL

13. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Kathy! I actually did fix the girls ears 2 nights ago, I used cardboard pieces from a shoe box, and taped the girls ears - the one girl that has the twisted ear, and then the one that has the ends that are folded up. So the folded up ends don't count against them? That's a relief, because I don't know that her ears will look 'normal' but this could help a little, and my kids want to use her for 4-H. I'll definitely check to make sure it's acceptable in 4-H.

I am sorry the breeder cut off her ear! Poor girl! Ouch, I can't imagine that felt good!

14. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio

I love Troubles doeling! she looks just like mom...

15. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

What is the photo effect you did on the picture of the head shot of the blonde traditional style kid? I love it! :love:

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! For the first one I used something called midnight sephia action, and the second one I used Dave's Oriton glow and then used the midnight sephia action, and then adjusted the photo to the exposure I wanted using levels, brightness and contrast ----- Photoshop.

Do you have photoshop? If so pm me your email address and I can try emailing the actions to you. They have to be extracted and loaded into photoshop. They are my favorite actions :)

17. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Just some random pics of the kids on Saturday having fun on our back porch

The white one closest to my daughter is the youngest and he is the biggest of 6 kids! Last year this doe's kids weren't real big. They are kiko and boer - I think this time they take more after their sire than their dam.
    [​IMG]

He's such a poser, haha.... we will most likely wether this guy
    [​IMG]

Our red doeling that my son named, Midnight Mischief. She is being registered under his name and he may use her for 4-H as well as another doeling who is a littler older - first year doing 4-H....
    Any opinions on her are welcome, as we're not sure yet, but either way we're keeping her. Dam is boer/nubian and sire is boer -
    [​IMG]

Mischief and her twin, Rock Star <--- my 4yo nicknamed him that
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My lil buddy, Rock Star, I don't have a nickname yet, cause I call him 'My baby' LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We haven't found a name for this doeling. She's SUPER SWEET, and if you are around her, your not going to miss her, because she will constantly be jumping at your legs demanding attention and checking out your clothes. We aren't keeping her, but I sure do adore her.
    Dam is kiko, sire is buck

[​IMG]

Her many Expressions...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boys. The one on the right is the biggest kid of the Feb bunch, he is the twin to the doeling I posted above. He's also super sweet and loves to be snuggled with. For some reason his ears folded closed! So I put some cardboard/tape on them to open the back up. He'll look 10x better!
    We're not sure if he'll be a good commercial buck yet?
    Dam is kiko and sire is boer - so I guess we'll see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had to do a quick pic of our doe, Ithma, and her buckling, Flash for a potential buyer for him.
    Flash is such a good boy, love him SOOO MUCH. He's 9 weeks old, and weighs just under 40lbs.
    [​IMG]

It was getting dark so not a great pic...
    [​IMG]

I will be glad when the rain goes away for a few days so I can go stalk them more with the camera!

18. Dodge 'Em

Dodge 'Em New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Cedar Hill,TN
    Nice babies and cute names! Rock Star could be Kid Rock! LOL

19. Dani-1995

Dani-1995 Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Greenville, NC
    Very, very nice babies! I have to say that I love the boer/kiko cross. I'm a boer person so of course I like them, but the kiko adds a little something else. The buckling should be a good commercial sire, he looks good. As long as he eats good and gains right he'll be awesome.

The doeling you mentioned is gourgous! I love her coloring. Its hard to tell just how capacious she is but she definatley has some real eye appeal and style. I like her!

20. Crossroads Boers

Crossroads Boers Colorful Quality Boers

Feb 19, 2011
    Mossyrock,WA
    WOW!! They are all SOOOOOO pretty! I totally LOVE the doeling without a name. :love: She really is an eye catcher!! The red kids are gorgeous too!!