Some pics of our girls

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HoosierShadow, May 7, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I went outside with my camera for a few minutes before it got too dark out. As usual the kids see the camera...and go the opposite direction...and the goats followed them LOL So I had to get what I could get...!

BTW, the girls LOVE my 3yo daughter. THey follow her around everywhere she goes, and when she goes in the house, they literately sit as close to the house as they can get and cry out for several minutes! It's not annoying, but it's hard to keep my daughter from going back out to soothe them! It's really cute!

My daughter and Sweetheart <and she is a SWEETHEART!> - she is pregnant and due in July.

[​IMG]

Sweetheart chasing my son
    [​IMG]

My daughter and Snow White. She is more shy than Sweetheart, and while she loves to be around people, she doesn't like to be touched too much. However my daughter can touch her all she wants, they are great friends!

Oh, and the caption is..

Hello babies! Are you in there? - she was talking to the babies <due in July>
    [​IMG]

WAIT FOR ME!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She would make the perfect 'lap' goat. Sweetheart was named correctly :)
    [​IMG]

My daughter and Snow White
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought Molly on Tuesday. It was either me or the meat man taking her home. I posted about her in the Newbie section. She needs some work - shes scared of us, has a bad foot, etc. but I'm hoping she'll work out as I'd love for her to have another chance. If she checks out fine we'll breed her in the future - she's had a couple sets of twins in the past. She's a boer/nubian cross.

[​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    gorgeous!

beautiful land, goats and your children are precious!

3. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    Wonderful pictures!
    Do you have copper deficiency in your area? And do you use copasure boluses? The reason I ask is Sweetheart's color for a boer is very light on her head. Now you would know if that is just her normal color but she looks like she has gray hair to me which is a sign of copper deficiency or an old goat...UNLESS of course it is the goats natural colors! And only you would know that!
    I love the pictures with your little girl and the goats. How special. And talking to the babies is priceless.

4. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks for the replies!

I think the pics are more the color of the camera. It was very very late in the evening so I didn't use a flash, the camera alone I was worried might freak them out <I use a DSLR>. If i had used a point and shoot camera I would have definitely had to use a flash.
    I'll get some better pics of them during the day, but probably not until tomorrow.

Sweetheart and Snow White are a year old . They aren't 100%ers, but we're not sure what else they have in them. The woman we got them from did not breed them, but she did have them for much of their lives.
    I love Sweetheart's color on her face, it just makes her look so much sweeter! She's really just a big puppy, follows you around everywhere, but she is VERY curious and NOSEY LOL She is all over us when we are out in the pen working on their shed.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Those pics are so adorable.....thanks for sharing... :thumb: :greengrin:

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Great pictures! So sweet! :)

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Nice goats. When mine see a camera I'm the one that has to go the other way! They won't leave me alone. :) My fav is the rescue. I'm a sucker. Just ask my vet. :laugh:

BTW, Happy mother's day everyone.

Gina

8. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Great pics! So sweet! :) Your goats and kids are very cute!!!

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks so much! My kids LOVE the goats. I will have to get more to post of my oldest two with them, hopefully over the weekend, as they want to take some to school to show their teachers and friends. My oldest daughter has ADHD, and she is 11 1/2 years old, but more on a level with her brother who just turned 9. We are hoping that having the goats will help her with learning how to take care of them -- responsability, and give her a connection that she has been lacking as we have no other animals. The last pet we had was over 3 years ago.
    Sweetheart and Snow White are our pets for sure or as I call them our 'breeding pets.' LOL Because those girls aren't going ANYWHERE, and we want to use them for breeding.

It was so cute this evening, my nephews <10 & 12> came over for a while, and they were out in the pen with my son and the girls were chasing them around and having a good time! It was really cute. I can't imagine the chaos when the kids are born...LOL

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very pretty goaties...and your daughter is a beauty! I love seeing kids with animals, it just "fits" :hug:

11. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Great pics! Pretty goaties. Your daughter appears to be quite the goat charmer. I :love: the pics of her with Snow White.

Deb Mc

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks :) The does absolutely LOVE her. I thought it was just awesome that Snow White took up to her when she is skittish around everyone else.
    She goes out there and plays for hours in their pen and when she isn't in there, she is next to the fence playing. Usually wherever she is at, you know you'll find the girls nearby.