Some questions on kidding

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Nov 7, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL! You are about as bad as me. I am on from 7:30 - 5:00 at work then I check when I get home at 6:00 then after feeding at 7:00 then again before bed.... hubby says he is going to set up 2 cameras in the house and he would be able to see what I do all day. One in the barn and one at the computer....LOL!

Talk to you all on Sunday - I am going out of town tommorrow morning and then back Sunday early afternoon!

Toodles all

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    uh oh will you servive for that long without checking?

3. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    allison, i am sitting her chuckling about your conundrum. do you realize what mischief you have gotten into since sept (i think that is when you said you started to acquire your menagerie)???? and now maybe a kidding out of sanctioned 'wedlock'????? and a goat who sits like a dog??? hunters who invade your yard???? etc etc. you have having quite a time out there, for sure. enjoy. my grandfather used to say, 'it's a great life if you don't weaken'....so stay strong and keep us all posted on what happens NEXT in your world. :lol: :eek: :ROFL: :rope: :) :)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If Daisy is bigger than my Binky....then I EXPECT you to be reporting that she had triplets!! And the ultrasound may have shown 2 but their could have been a "kid in hiding"!...Bink is due 1-23 at the latest and hoping for at least twins as she twinned her first time. Can't wait to see her! And your lil' pygmy Chloe is just precious!! Mine tend to "sit" the later they get into their pregnancies.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well I am back from my weekend, and back at work -

Things look ok, and I think maybe I was just panicing - After really looking at these other pics of goats that are prego - She is alot bigger then most - but she is a tiny little girl - So I guess suprises may happen! LOL!

Thank you all and hopefully within a couple days I will have pics for you~

Allison

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I have never seen them sit like dogsLOL!I have only seen them wag their tails.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I don't think that I have seen Binky.

I am going to measure daisy tonight so that I can tell you how tall of a girl she is. But she is SHORT! LOL!

I talked with hubby and he is bringing the camera home tonight for me.

8. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have a couple of does that when they get really big like that they will sit like a dog to. they look so funny.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OK I took pics tonight of Daisy and she is SWOLLEN and even more open. If you look at the pics of Sara's ND that she was wondering if she was prego - her "cha cha" sits kind of tucked in... Well Daisy's is really round from the flesh colored all around and now open about 1/4 - 1/2 inch. I went to scratch her belly to check to see if she was uddering up, and she is not.

But, she did spread her legs and just let me scratch the belly. It was so cute. She is used to being milked though so that helps.

I will post "cha cha" pics tomorrow along with arial views of her!

My poor DH is going to die when he down loads the pics to send to me and they are of a "cha cha". I didn't tell him what I was taking pics of! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

10. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ROFL: :ROFL: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    With the description you gave, her being rounded out...I would say that she'll deliver in like a month instead of 2. Tilly was like that for 2-3 weeks before she delivered. You'll have to let us know your hubbys reaction to those pics. :p

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Lets just say he WAS NOT AMUSED!!!!

I personally found great humor when I got a phone call from him asking what in the H*&& I was taking pics of her cha-cha for!

I was laughing!!!!!!!

He said that he will shrink them for me and I should have them tonight when he gets home from work. It would be really funny if those pics accidently ended up on his screen saver on his computer at work - ROTFLMAO!

It looks like she has a golfball in there trying to come out, as it is rounded outward like that instead of sunk in.

13. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    let's hope he is not a vengeful person...... :ROFL:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I was laughing so hard here at work when he "let me have it" this morning!!! Thank goodness we own the business where he works!!!

I know his brother is giving him all kinds of "raz" over it!

15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

My does always area little bit "open" about a month before. The swelling will go down and then come back up again. There are days where the vulva opens up a little and you can see a little pink up to six weeks before they are reasy to kid. Perfectly normal for my goats. Kt could be kids just moving around and pushing on the cervix or something.
    beth