Some very spoiled goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Jan 26, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    When Flower had her twin doelings on the 5th we were having a bad cold spell. So I moved her and her girls into my spare room in the house, now it is usually the coldest or hottest room depending on the weather, as we have the A/C cut off from that room.

Well..they are still living in the house, now they do go outside during the day but come in at night. I was going to start leaving them outside this week but our temps are droping again to the low 30's this weekend.

Now even Flower has decided it is her right to be inside at night and will start hollering at dark and will not stop until I bring them in, which they walk right in the door and go straight to their pen.

One thing I am worried about is that they will eventually have to stay outside at night, and with them staying in during the coldest time have I messed them up on regulating their own temperatures. Now like I mentioned their room does get cold, just not like being outside cold.

2. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    They will take some time to stop the bleating because they have learned how nice it is to be inside ,,, get them out as soon as the cold snap is over or soon they will be inviting themselves to the dining room as the food is better there Goats sure do know what is better..just ask them

3. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    :slapfloor: Your telling me, Flower has never been inside of anything but the barn until now and she has decided it is her right. My SO called me yesterday and was telling me that he looked out the back door as he heard a noise and there she was with her front feet on the door looking in the window as if saying "Let me back in!" :laugh:

I told him that he will have to explain to her that she is not a house goat, that telling me does no good at all.

4. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    House goats!!! I love it!!!

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    How funny! Hubby travels alot and that is the one thing he always says before leaving....NO GOATS IN THE HOUSE, no matter how cold or snowy it is....he knows me all to well!