Someone please kick me . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Okay, I am basically mennonite, sort of. We wear dresses but no headcovering.
    We have been recently going to a church close to us and....there are alot of girls my age.
    I am naturally a talker, and I talk alot, and therefore say ALOT of embarressing things. And because of that I don't like going into a crowd.
    But this sunday I really did it. I was frustrated and mad and.......
    The first thing was a girl asking me ( I have known her since I was 11) if I still liked this guy I had liked four years back and I had truthfully and a bit bluntly said no, I had moved on to the older brother....and they all looked at me for a while.
    And then I unthinkly said that my cousin (someone was asking about him) was (a bit too strong a term) in the terms of cute, and one of the girls actually asked me if I knew what it meant. :hair: Like yes, I know what it means!!!!!!!!!!!
    And at the end of the day I remember saying petty things that I REALLY SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID.
    And then...somehow, it got pulled out of me that I sneak in books and movies behind my dad's back. (they aren't BAD. I never read bad books, he just doesn't like fiction.) I got a lecture from the young women and and then they ended up treating me with casual distance.
    So now I have successfully damaged my reputation among the youth as a 'naughty girl'.
    *my mom just came into lecture me about this* I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know all my random little slip comments are going to come back and inject me with venom.....
    And I am sooo sick of the habit of saying petty things.

So I am discouraged, frustrated with myself.
    You may tell me I'm in the wrong (I know I am) by doing these things, but I would like it more if someone gave me help solving this problem and also praying for me.
    Okay, I'm done ranting now. :tears:

2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    naw lol
    I say stupid things all the time. It messes up everything lol.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey I am going to send you a pm :hug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Talitha, the "foot in mouth" syndrome that appears to be afflicting you is something that everyone learns to control as they grow up, it's not just you dear.....you will overcome it. As far as doing something your parents would frown on, I think every human kid has done something that is not parent approved, next time you think you want to go against your parents will, think first, Is it worth disrespecting mom n dads wishes and then think of the consequences. Your family sounds to be close enough to communicate well, maybe you and dad need to have a good talk as far as your choices of reading material, it may be hard to understand the "why's" at this point, but eventually you'll figure them out.

5. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Oh Tabitha, I know how you feel, I'm pretty talkative too, and I'm 45 years old (lol, it didn't go away). In my younger years, I had much the same problem as you. Perhaps instead of looking at it as a bad thing, maybe you can look at it as a spiritual gift from God? By letting God take control of my talkativeness, He has put people in my path that have needed a prayer, a hello, a smile, or an opportunity to share the gospel. He has also helped to curb my tongue, and make me a better listener.

Regarding saying petty things, I've had to learn to take a deep breath, and ask myself, would God want me to say this? I know that it's hard when someone is saying bad things about you, or hurtful things to you, but, believe me, God will help you overcome it. It takes time and you have to be willing to submit to His will.

Regarding reading material and such, look at Ephesians 6:1-3

1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
    2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
    3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Liz gave some excellent points regarding this, and she is right on regarding having a talk with your father. I can tell you that many times parents have wisdom, that only comes with age. I was about 30 years old, before I figured that out.

I will be praying for you!

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Ahh, Bless your heart Tabitha...the gift of knowing you need God's help with this. If you need to go to whomever...."What I said it was wrong of me." Or if the subject matter got out of hand claim responsibility for your part and move on. The embarassment of this will fade and the listeners will forget it too.