The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat is in gestation.do not know when she is due. Just got her a week and half ago.the guy told me they should all kid witjin a month. Well i have one that looks like1side of her teat is filling (somewhat) but the other side nothing.whats wrong? I can not seem to post pics buti can text them if someone can help ..please. thank u

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Her udder feels fine. Thats what i thought it was too..u helped me before when another of my babies did get it. So i know what to look for somewhat with that. :) hopefully

·
I'm watching you
22,267 Posts
Pictures aren't here yet, It can take a few minutes. Do you mind editing my e-mail out of your quote, please???

·
I'm watching you
22,267 Posts
No problem

Me, I would milk what little is there and see what it looks like. Then if all looks fairly normal, I would put a tube of Tomorrow in both sides to kill any Staff infection that may be causing the lopsided udder.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
You can get Tomorrow at the farm store like TSC. You insert it into the opening of the teat. There are instructions that you follow. Use 1 whole tube per teat.

·
I'm watching you
22,267 Posts
Tomorrow is an infusion. You put one tube in each teat and work it up into the udder. You want to be very clean doing it and follow the directions. It can be bought at the feed store.
You want to see clear serum, yellowish colostrum, or white fluid milk. Colostrum can be very thick, that's okay. There may be a few lumps in the milk, that's okay as well. What you don't want to see is smelly pus or discolored cottage cheese looking stuff.

Do you know if she's kidded before?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I took her to a local vet...awesome! She is bred with twins and due within next 2-3 weeks...her 1 teat did have mastastis (think i spelled that right). Her other teat is perfectly fine..its only filling for impending birth..Problem is she can only feed 1 goat ...i may have to take one. So i guess ill see yall then to help me raise her kid...NO more vets unless its urgent..!!! I got scared so i took her. :) P.S. vet was NOT a livestock vet BUT her and her husband has a goat farm ..she is a vet for dogs ..cats ...lol . She even gave me all the info and what needed to get fecals done on my babies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts