Sometimes I just don't understand them!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatshows, Oct 18, 2009.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    I have this doe that I call June. She is a very skiddish doe that I litterly have to chase to catch her. Although she has gotten a little better over the 6 months I have had her she is still really wild. Last weekend I went to a fair and was hoping that if all she knew there was Emily (my other doe) and me that she would bond more with me.

Well she did the exact opposite. Now she is really friendly with strangers but still is very skiddish around me.

Sometimes I dont understand them!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    animals sometimes pick who they want to trust and who they want to be friendly with. I have sold goats who were supper skittish with me only for the new owners to says "she is such a doll, just loves to be in my lap"

sometimes it isnt what we do as much as who we are.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Stacey....sometimes...we get one ...that just doesn't want to tame.....and sometimes....it takes them a little longer...to come around....time...petting...treats... :hug:

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Same here, I've bought goats who were WILD at other people's farms and they came here and were puppy dog sweet to me. And I've sold goats whow ere WILD here but they turn out to be pets to the people who get them. So I hate to list a goat by its personality because there's no guarantee how they'll behave once they're sold.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yep. maybe she knows your the one drawing blood, worming and giving shots..my yearlings chevelle and javelin are like that. just keep working :thumb:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I have a doe that's like that. She acts like a wild horse when I get near her or lead her or anything, but when I have visiters out in the goat pen she comes right up to them rubs her head on their legs and acts like she just loves the attention and petting. She has a one of a kind personality though...she just really stands apart from my other goats. She has been doing better though with me since I brought her back from the fair. She now will come up to me when she chooses and let me pet her at a distance. She's a funny little goat.

7. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    I am making progress with my little Wild friend! She came up to the fence on Monday and let me pet her nose. I reached to scratch her behind the ear and she ran away. but oh well she wouldent even come up to the fence before!