Soooo ticked!!! (sorry another long rant from me)

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, just went up to the School's Barn where I keep my market lambs for showing, and I get the feed out of the passenger seat and start walking up to the pen and guess what I see? My gate WIDE OPEN! There's $550 worth of lambs in there!! And SOMEBODY just let them loose! And I haven't worked with them enough yet for them to come to me. So I start by trying to be calm and look to see if anyone had put them in the barn itself. Nope. Go look at the other outside pens. NOPE. I'm freaking out by this point. Then I pray and ask God to PLEASE let them be smart and be in the hut they have in their pen. AND THEY WERE! Thank God! But I closely inspect the gate to see if they could have broken out. Nuh uh, no way they could have done what it looked like happened. I have a redneck gate. It's just a panel that is hooked to a t-post with wire (really tightly, and doubled) and some links. (like the ones you use for rock climbing) But I would have believed the lambs had done it if the wires weren't WHOLE and by the bottom of the t-post! So I re-wired it and I'll be calling my Ag teacher tomorrow and telling him that if it happens again I'll be moving them to my backyard and HE can tell the Town Board why they're in my backyard. :angry: Sorry for the long rant.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry you had to deal with the dis respect of another human being!! That would have totally ticked me off and you have every right to speak to your ag teacher about it.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am sorry also that that happened, but at least they were fine.

Is it at all possible that you forgot to latch it when you left there last?

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    No. Because I don't undo the wires, I just unclip it. The wires had been completely taken off and discarded and the clips were still attached to the panel. I don't do that to get in.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh, OK. Sorry I just thought sometimes we forget. Do you have any other idea who would of done this? I guess it is just a good thing that they did not leave and go anywhere.

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Oh that's fine. I've almost forgotten a time or two. But I have a couple of ideas of who it could have been, but no proof and I didn't see it. So I'm not going to make any accusations. It just still has me :veryangry:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Is it possible to put a lock, and chain on the gate? I hate to use them JUST in case you have to get in really quick, or get them out really quick. I bet it is someone that is jealous about how good yours look and theirs don't look that nice.