The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo... My first dairy girl Sophie, is due in less than three weeks! :clap::clap::clap:

We have only ever owned small pet goats in the past, and they were never bred...so this will definitely be a learning process for me. She seems cool as a cucumber and steady as ever...meanwhile I've been freaking out at every string of goo or weird grunt. Wish us luck! (by us, I mean me hahaha) So far she has been perfect. Every night I put my ear up to her tummy and listen to the new baby's heartbeat. (and get kicked in the ear by it for my troubles! haha)

This is all so new and amazing to me...I feel almost like I'm the one having the kid!

Anyways, I just thought I'd start a waiting thread for her. (me :p)
I'll post some pics from my phone, too.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The first ones are always the funnest! The anticipation is exciting and not knowing what colors the babies are gonna be......I love it!! Hopefully this will be a good first time for you both!! I'll be watching:)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
She's very pretty!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first ones are always the funnest! The anticipation is exciting and not knowing what colors the babies are gonna be......I love it!! Hopefully this will be a good first time for you both!! I'll be watching:)
Exactly!! I'm just so excited and nervous at the same time. Praying everything goes textbook... I'm glad y'all have my back though! :D

She's very pretty!!
Thank you! I find her beautiful myself...but you know, there might be a little bias in there, seeing as how I love her so much. :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Totally!!!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Aw! Is she an Alpine/Nubian cross? Beautiful! Her babies will be totally cute :) What breed is the sire?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, you hit the nail on the head, TrinityRanch. She's 75% nubian and 25% alpine. I bred her to a 25% pygmy, 25% nigie 50% nubian buck, but he looks like a Pygerian. He's small so I was hoping that it would make things easier on her. I personally think the airplane ears are adorable so I've got my fingers crossed for them...her kiddos will likely stay here as pets for my mom and sister. I'm glad you think she's pretty. :) She's so huge!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sooo apparently I got the due dates a little mixed up for Sophie-love...we've got Independence Day babies due!!!! Yep, that's right, she's due on JULY 4TH! How cool is that? :) :) :)

........now if only she actually kids on her due date.......

And here is a picture to laugh at..she was helping us grill chicken tonight ^_^
(don't ask why we have Epsom salts on the porch.....)

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Awesome! Sorry, I didn't see your last post! Crossing fingers for some airplane ear kids :D

And maybe they can be red, white and..... and.... and you can pretend that gray is blue? Lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome! Sorry, I didn't see your last post! Crossing fingers for some airplane ear kids :D

And maybe they can be red, white and..... and.... and you can pretend that gray is blue? Lol
No worries!

Maybe I can cheat and put some blu-kote on them... :laugh:
Oh gosh, have they been active though! I could see them setting off fireworks in her belly this afternoon...poor girl. Twins, maybe?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They're celebrating a little early, but that's what I guessed, judging from how her poor belly looked! She's been streaming clear goo recently too...that's normal, right? I haven't seen any of the white plug at all though. Sigh...I guess she's gonna pull the doe's code on me... ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
We're getting closer and closer...Sophie seems as big as a house! I can tell she's starting to feel pregnant now, she doesn't really want to play anymore and she's all business. Hoping to get some more pics up :)

This was her this morning, before she was let out to pasture:

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
She is GORGEOUS! Idk if you already answered the question of her breed but is she an Alpine/Nubian? I have two at home and she looks just like Gracie! Well good luck with the kidding :) I hope all goes well

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you! I just love her to death. And she's 3/4 Nubian, 1/4 Alpine. She's such a sweetheart, and wise beyond her goaty years!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She turned 1 year old on March 5th, and was bred to a 1/2 Nubian, 1/4 Pygmy, 1/4 Nigerian buck (I think that's what he is). He's a small mini so I was hoping for tiny babies for her first time..we'll see how it goes :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts