The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 year old doe that was diagnosed with sore mouth a month ago. Don‘t know where the infection came from as there are no new goats in the herd and pasture/housing has not changed. She has 3 kids who were 6 weeks old when the vet diagnosed sore mouth. I moved her into an isolation stall with her kids. None of the other goats or her kids have become infected and it is pretty much cleared up on her.
My question is can I assume the kids are clear of the infection as they are showing no symptoms or because their mother had it they have some immunity now. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
They have been expose to it so I would assume they may break out with it.
Is mom all healed up ? I would feel safe to set them free after mom has been clear of any signs for a few weeks at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have been expose to it so I would assume they may break out with it.
Is mom all healed up ? I would feel safe to set them free after mom has been clear of any signs for a few weeks at least.

Thanks for your response. The mother is mostly healed up now. She was not seriously Affected and no udder involvement thank goodness. More an aggravation than anything but puts prospective kid buyers off unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts