The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our goats lookalike she could possibly have sore mouth. There is a lot of bumps around her mouth and its looks really sore. :( she is ratting and drinking.
I read that there is a medicine that can Be used that's called today there's no place open right now, Is there something else i should use until I can get some?

·
Registered
30,610 Posts
Campho-Phenique Maximum Strength can help dry the blisters and also has antibacterial properties
Tea tree oil diluted with a carrier oil is good antiviral as is Lavender..

Sore mouth needs to run its course but watch for Secondary infection...do wear gloves when handling her..

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Happy bleats is right most meds will just keep it clean and make it a bit easy on them. I don't know if you have ever had a cold sore but they suck. When it starts drying out is the worst since it cracks. For the most part I leave sore mouth be since I try not to stress them out with giving meds but keep a good eye on it. For the ones that seem to get it bad I use neos**** but am going to try that tomorrow next time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading online I've seen several people recommend using a product called either today or tomorrow? Has anyone use this something I should try

·
Registered
30,610 Posts

here is a video of Jack Mauldin using today/tomorrow for soremouth

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay be affected Goats a couple applications of today. Our mama Goats is really bad :( Is there any over-the-counter antibiotics I can get from the feed store? If so what would I be looking for?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've always herd it just has to run its corse.

I used a little triple antibiotic on the bad blisters the one time we had it luckily it wasn't bad and only one goat was effected.

I've never herd of today for this I've used today at the first sign of mastitis and it cleared her right up I always keep some on hand.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Campho-Phenique Maximum Strength can help dry the blisters and also has antibacterial properties
Tea tree oil diluted with a carrier oil is good antiviral as is Lavender..

Sore mouth needs to run its course but watch for Secondary infection...do wear gloves when handling her..
I use the campho-phenique. It has always worked wonders for us.

I've seen quite a few sore mouth cases being that we show so much. This has always worked for us just be careul not to touch it yourself and don't contaminate the bottle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts