The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok, I got the halter on and got her inside a stall. Note to self- use weigh tape before bolusing this fall. I swear she gained a ton of weight this year- felt like she’s at least 300# with her front brakes locked up 😅
But I’m glad I did take another look. I flushed her with 30ml warm salt water (she thought it was way too salty) and then started feeling a bit. The ‘ball’ squished with pressure, no pus at all, but it seemed more like it was scabby around more pokey material. I went ahead and removed the whole thing in hopes her mouth can heal better with out the dead? Skin there…
Then I rinsed with some more salt water followed with a 3ml syringe of hydrogen peroxide.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Collar

Hand Finger Nail Thumb Wrist

once I had her in the stall she wasn’t too bad. The other goats had left the pen outside after they got done eating and her kids were calling for her (they needed a drink to wash down their feed) so she started to get a little worried about them, but still ate some orange peels before I let her go out to find her poor little babies 😂
Ecoregion Vertebrate Dog Working animal Mammal

theyre so big already! And she’s such a good FF mama ❤
after a quick drink it was play time 😊
Ecoregion Vertebrate Fence Working animal Sky

Sky Cloud Working animal Freezing Plain

Then just because I already had my phone out I took a pic of the sunset over the sage brush. It was kind of cool shining against the clouds.
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Afterglow

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thats Awesome. Glad you worked her mouth over. I know it was uncomfortable, but sooo much easier without fighting infection too! Good Job!🥰
Thank you! I’m glad she didn’t act like it hurt her at all. That would have been harder…
Just having to drag her into the barn when it’s 98° outside got me into a good sweat 🤣

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Your goats are stunning 😍. Glad to hear she is doing better!
Thank you! Fancy’s a yearling and has moved up the ranks to one of my favorites. And her doelings too… one of them was very weak, born with selenium deficiency so she needed some extra help and attention and that solidified her spot as a keeper 😂❤🍀

·
Registered
A bunch of goats, 1 cow, 1 horse, 1 dog and three cats
1,051 Posts
Thank you! Fancy’s a yearling and has moved up the ranks to one of my favorites. And her doelings too… one of them was very weak, born with selenium deficiency so she needed some extra help and attention and that solidified her spot as a keeper 😂❤🍀
😂😂😂 isn’t it funny how that happens

21 - 35 of 35 Posts