The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have spanish goats. Im going today to pick two up. I just got done fencing a 56'x70' pen. This is where the buck will live. There is one buck and one doe. The buck is 11 months and the doe is 10 months. They think the doe is pregnant
What is the best way to tell?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got my first Spanish buck about two months ago. He is 11 months old. He is the same age as my young boer bucks, so I compared him to them. He has way more height and length. He hooves were never trimmed and he has never been wormed. And his eyes are bright red! From right now he is an amazing goat. I am crossing him with boerkiko does to get excellent hybrid vigor. I am about to post a few pics of him.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I got my first Spanish buck about two months ago. He is 11 months old. He is the same age as my young boer bucks, so I compared him to them. He has way more height and length. He hooves were never trimmed and he has never been wormed. And his eyes are bright red! From right now he is an amazing goat. I am crossing him with boerkiko does to get excellent hybrid vigor. I am about to post a few pics of him.
I'll be really interested in that mix. Please do post some pics and let us know how they do

·
Registered
209 Posts
here is my buck when I first got him. he has probably gained 20 more pounds since then, but the pics don't do him justice. Also there is a rumor that you have probably heard, that Spanish goats are all skittish. That is NOT true. out of my eight goats, he is the most friendly and I cant keep him away from me. (kind of annoying actually) but otherwise he is a great goat. Btw kccjer I will keep you posted, I wont have kids at least till febuary, but when they kid I will make sure to post them on the babies page.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,780 Posts
I have a 1/2 Spanish right now and a few years ago had a high % doe. Neither are skittish they just didn't really want to he touched....the one now is doing a little bit better but the one I sold was real bad. If you looked at she she would run off. I liked the high % doe and my. The kids hit the ground running and my main reason was because she was the best mother ever. A coyote snagged her kid he had it in his mouth and as I was running at it mom knocked him over and saved her kid. The 1/2 I still have is almost as good as her on mothering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.