Special needs Mini silky doeling- Free to a pet home (CA)

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by myfainters, Jan 6, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    My doeling Calico is free to a loving home. She is the sweetest little girl and is growing well despite her cleft lip. I was debating on if she needed to be put to sleep but she is growing so well and she is so active and full of spunky personality that it just doesn't seem like the right decision. I am offering her to a loving home... if anyone is looking for a little lap goaty to love and cuddle this girl needs a home. She is polled with marbled blue eyes (may turn brown... not sure yet)

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

Attached Files:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    OMG!!!!!!! If you weren't so far away! :shocked: :tears: :lovey:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What a doll. So how is she able to nurse? I cant imagine how she creates a suction.

I hope you can find her a loving home.

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I don't know how she creates a suction... but she nurses fine??? Her belly is always full and she is growing like a weed. I'm weighing them all today today to be sure she is similar in weight... she definitely feels hefty... she actually feels heavier now than her sister Mittens. :whatgoat: She is soooooo spunky. She climbs and jumps on everything.... particularly me! She is like my little dog.... actually the entire litter seems to have their moms very loving personality. I haven't bottlefed but they all act like I'm mom. :love:

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    she's adorable.. keep me updated on her i may be able to help

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

I assume that cleft isn't an inheritable trait? Could she make someone a nice brooddoe? She's very lovely and the blue eyes/polled combo is very neat! I do not breed fainters; I am just curious.

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I sooooooo wish you were not so far away, I would take her in a minute! I have 4 wethers that are strickly pets........I would so give her a great loving home.

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    When human babies nurse, they create suction with their tongue and the roof of their mouth. I wouldn't think the cleft lip would effect her eating habits.

She's gorgeous! But so far away :( Good luck finding her a good home!!

9. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Won't the cleft eventually spread?? I read something about that somewhere-It's good that she is doing so well- I don't believe it is hereditary-just a slight birth defect... She sure is a doll!! :lovey:

10. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    OMG!!!! I would take her in a heartbeat! She is just gorgeous! Like other posters........too far away! I hope you find her a good home!

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is a cutie.. :kidred: ....I pray.... that she gets a good home...good luck... :pray: :hug:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a cleft palet is differnt from a cleft lip guys :wink:

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i'm crunching numbers and trying to win over the mother.. hopefully she'll be my new little pet

14. Jess, we need to talk.

As for the cleft palate. Are you sure it is not a cleft lip? One I know that I can explain more as two why eating etc is doing ok. It sounds like a cleft lip to me though.

Either way it is not hereditary. It is a simple birth defect where the roof of the mouth or the tissue of the lip, does not develop correctly or does not attach. This is the most common of birth defects of the face and head. And no it will not keep crowing. In some cases it can close itself in time depending on the location and intesity of the cleft. It can effect eating, hearing, and speach or baaing in this case.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats what she said "cleft lip" :wink:

16. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

17. :roll: Ok, every time I get started on this I get pulled away. Sorry I missed what you said as well. This week has been a rough one. In fact I lost me phone and to call my boss to see if I left it I continued looking. When I found it my mind left the phone and moved to the call I made it and realized since I found it I didn't need to make the call. :roll: I know not real bright.

Anyway, from what you say this is a minor cleft lip. One of which is so small you did not even notice right away. She is still nursing and performing normal. With this said, there is nothing wrong with your doe. She will not pass this on, and over time she will be even better then now. If you would like to reduce the price fine, but it is my advise that you do not just give her away. There is nothing wrong with her at this time and as long as you are upfront with the buyer I see no reason to give her away. This of course is just my opinion. But the way I see is a child with a cleft lip is no less a child.

18. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I'd take her in a heartbeat if someone could help w/transportation. I live in Desert Hills, AZ, just north of Phx, and could provide a nice, safe pet home w/lots of love and attention. :love:

The cleft lip doesn't matter to me at all. I, myself, am a misfit. I have a rare inborn error of metabolism that requires I avoid all fruit, veggies and grains lest I wanna' die a horrendously torturous death. So accommodation is not an issue here, she'd fit right in.

I have 2 Navajo Angora does, rescues, and a standard Angora doeling. The latter's about a year old now and could use a lil' buddy. Although she's been accepted by the two older girls and they play w/her, those two are very tight (possibly mother and daughter) and the doeling is more of a third wheel. Trinity, the doeling, does have horns, but is sweet as all get up. All 3 girls can be viewed in my "Katie n the Go Gos" video under "Photogenic". They're good-natured, healthy, strong and eager to learn and work - for fun, of course.

How soon do you need to rehome her? Feel free to PM me @ debmcqueen (at) hotmail (dot) com

Deb Mc

19. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Say, is there anyway you could ship her via air? Phx Sky Harbour is only about an hour's drive from here. Deer Valley airport is even closer. It'd be a short flight and it's the perfect time of year weatherwise.

Deb Mc

20. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Sorry!!! I should have updated this post.... Callie has a new home. She will be going to Northern CA to live by the beach and be absolutely SPOILED rotten!

Deb... I have a doe that is already sold and headed to Phoenix, AZ... her sister (Mittens) is available and her price is neg. to a good home... she does not faint. She is SUPER friendly, polled and blue eyed. Transport wouldn't be a problem. You'd only have to pay for her health cert.