Speckles

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Lexibot, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    OKay, well I am 99% sure Speckles is bred. We got her July 27th, she was 6 months old then.

My dairy does are starting to go in heat, and yet, Speckles has YET to go in heat in the 4 months we've had her. Plus... she's gotten big :)

I am assuming, she'll be due in Mid December, but I am TOO excited to wait.. anyway.. here's some pictures:

Right after we go her
    [​IMG]

And this is just about a month ago, she's the one in the middle (yeah I need to update pics.. but she hasn't gotten much bigger).
    [​IMG]

2. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    She definately has a bigger tummy, but i'm no expert

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Not seeing her udder filling.....if she is 4 months preggo...she should be bigger... she should also have... a udder starting..........not sure.. if she is preggo or not.... from those pics.... new ones... will help.... :thumb:

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Yeah if those pics show her at 4 months prego....I'd say she's not bred. Maybe she just has silent heat cycles or you've missed them? :scratch:

5. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I :love: Speckles' coloring! SOOO pretty! Is she Nubian? Mini-Nubian? I guess I should be able to tell, but I don't know much about floppy ears except that they're cute. :greengrin:

6. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Yep, I agree, she is sooo pretty.

7. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    No utters... but I had dairy goats that didn't produce until just a couple days before...

Speckles is pure kiko, no Nubian :)

You're not the only one that said she wasn't bred. I also found out that Kikos bred din the fall most likely, so yeah, she's probably not bred. >.>

But dang.. her tummy sure is nice sized... compared to all my other goats... Very good breed I guess... but disappointed :( I was really hope for some babies soon... oh well...

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Get those recent pics ....take one good clear closeup of her pooch...with her tail up.... one of her udder....then... we can tell you .....for sure.... if she is or not.... we pooch test... at minimum of 2 months along.... but 3 months is better.... :wink:

You can start a new post of it... if you'd like... so we can get more opinions out there for you.......... :wink:

with that older pic and if she has changed alot....then.... it is best ....that we see updated pics of her..... to better determine pregnancy.... or not... :wink:

9. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Alright... I'll try, my goats are picture shy though... and they all like their goodies... so they get jealous. I'll have to take her outside to do this, hehehe :D

10. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Well, I went to take pictures, and I have some (though not downloaded from the camera) and lone behold the little butt had some mucus on her upper leg. I am assuming she brushed it off with her tail, cause she had some "crusties" on her tail. >.>

But, I did get pictures of my month old babies, so I guess it wasn't so bad.. and at least now I know she's not a dud goat or anything.

Anyone know how much milk kikos can produce? If she's not going to produce as much as nubians or alpines, I might just sell her. I wanted her mainly to go in heat every month, not in the fall, might as well get a dairy goat :) I LOVE kikos, but I really want milk...

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    so she is in.....and not a dud...that is good....she must be the kind...that is hard to tell ...when she is in..... .........now is the time.... to take her to a buck..... :wink: :lovey: :eek:hlala:

Can't wait to see pics of the month old babies....they must be cute.... :thumb:

Wish I knew the answer to the kiko's question.... I only know boer....maybe someone will know and be able to tell you... soon...... :wink:

12. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Found out they really don't give out much... but the info for Kikos is so inaccurate... been hearing they breed year around, then it's switched on me. Read they can give less than half a gallon, but someone was able to get a gallon a day off their's... so I just don't know.

Hopefully, my buck will breed her, and I will be able to see for myself.. but it'll be her FF so THAT'S not accurate... **sigh*

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yep......it also depends... on how the goat is fed...the more grain and good hay ...the more the milk too.....but don't over do the grain... too much will start scouring...ect... so that may be your difference in how much milk..people get.....it is true ....that the udder on a FF.... isn't going to be to it's full potential..... so time will tell...... unless you sale her and get a better milker....one that is already mature....has a healthy udder...is a young adult... and one that will breed better...... good luck.... no matter what you decide.... :hi5: :hug:

14. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    I can probably trade her for 2 ready to breed young milk does here, she's a great goat, but unless I get more land, I wont be able to keep her if her milk production isn't great. Unfortunately, we just can't wait 18 months to see either. :D

But yeah, I know you gotta grain them well. I normally double the amount of grain than normal feedings, I am happy with the outcome then, and the goat is not overfed then.

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    See.... you got it...... :wink: :thumb: :thumbup:

16. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Well up to now... :) We'll see when it comes to milking 4-5 goats at a time!

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California