The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my FIRST attempt at Bonsai, growing 4 apples from seed so I can train them from the start, I might get better luck, (only have pic of 1) starting 3 cuttings unknown spices, (got green buds!!!) got a rabbit bush from the yard, playing with it...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
this is my FIRST attempt at Bonsai, growing 4 apples from seed so I can train them from the start, I might get better luck, (only have pic of 1) starting 3 cuttings unknown spices, (got green buds!!!) got a rabbit bush from the yard, playing with it...
Ok gotta ask..... what is the condom lookin thing and why? :)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,627 Posts
Bonsai fruit trees - never heard of that! Very cool. I thought Bonsai were only very specific evergreen species
You can actually turn just about any tree into a bonsai. I dabbled a bit for a while, but once I goat goats my miniature tree dreams took a back seat.

Have you done bonsai before spidy1? If you haven't something I learned is that getting the right amount of water is really important. Too much and too little is a really big deal for them. (I have killed so many plants by over watering).

Good luck and I love your pots! Who needs decorative ceramic? (thumbup)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Ooh! Good luck! There's an annual Japanese Festival near me that does a bonsai display. Some of them are really, really old trees, in these gorgeous pots, with these wonderful, mini landscapes around them. Bonsai are fascinating!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I changed my mind... the sketch is no longer the plan... now I'm going to make my apple a Tanuki Bonsai, I will still use the rock, this is my infant apple Bonsai...
IMG_20200318_201958.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts