Spinoff: Share your herd name

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by FarmerInaDress, May 18, 2013.

1. Darlaj

Darlaj New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    We have tryed to get our herd name three time... Three names each time
    Broken oaks farm
    Broken oaks dairy goats
    L and d farms
    L and d dairy

Gemstone acres , dairy , farms,etc
    Nothing grrrrr

2. FarmerInaDress

FarmerInaDress New Member

Mar 15, 2013
    If you think of another one, you can call the ADGA before sending in the form again to find out if it is available.

capracreek likes this.

3. NoahEm

NoahEm New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ours is "Dutch Loft Farms"

My father raised and showed muff tumblers (pigeons) for 50+ years and used the name "Dutch Lofts". On December 10th 2013, after a three year battle with CHF AND COPD, my dad passed away.... Recently we realized we needed to come up with a herd name to register our goats...I knew "Dutch Loft"would be a great tribute to him. Especially since I never had the urge to do the whole pigeon thing. He was a great man, and I miss him everyday! :,)

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

Goat_Scout and capracreek like this.
  4. Kitkat0532

Kitkat0532 New Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Arkansas
    Mine is Petite Kids...a play off my last name :3 Also off the goats I raise too because they are Nigerian dwarfs XD

capracreek likes this.
  5. Frosty

Frosty Active Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Swanzey,NH
    Mine is Bab'blin Brook Farm. I don't know why but I always have loved that name and when we got this place it has a brook running thro it so I thought it was a good name.

6. Lauras2shy

Lauras2shy Member

Mar 28, 2015
    My hear name is LittaBittaHeaven. I am in the process of starting my own miniature dairy goat business but would like to come up with a farm name. Anybody have any suggestions would be great. By the way my name is Laura. I live in southern arizona between benson and wilcox.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Goat Forum mobile app

capracreek likes this.
  7. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    US
    Mine is Green T Goats. I wanted just Green T, but it wasn't available :rolleyes:

capracreek likes this.
  8. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    US
    Why not just do Litte Bitta Heaven as a farm name? If you have different names for different aspects of your farm it can get pretty confusing.

9. JK_Farms

JK_Farms Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    Mine is JK Farms of course! It's my dad's first name initial and my first name initial!

jkgoatfarm.weebly.com
    instagram- jk_farms

capracreek likes this.
  10. I'm Lovitts Mini Farm, and I'm in Sunizona! Our herd name with ADGA is Lovitt Farms.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Goat Forum mobile app

capracreek likes this.
  11. margaret

margaret merryoaks

Aug 30, 2013
    nc
    Merry Oaks is mine!

12. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    My farm name is DragonLair Farm. My herd name for adga and MDGA is DLF.

capracreek likes this.
  13. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    We are Laughing Stock Boers. During a paying job I invested in company stock. When I quit I invested in it in goats.

14. Shaylatheyoungest17

Shaylatheyoungest17 Member

Jul 1, 2017
    Creighton, e
    Mine is Happyhooves. Pygmy goats are adorable af! :p:p
    :run:

capracreek likes this.
  15. capracreek

capracreek Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Missouri
    Capra Creek Mini Farm - Herd name is Capra Creek - I have a good friend who researched and that is what she found Capra stands for goat and we have a creek down one side of our property. It is our herd name in NPGA, ADGA and AGS. How lucky can one get!!!

16. epayne

epayne Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    I just changed my herd name this year from my old one I had made when I was 12 or so to my new one, Fernweh! It's a German word meaning a desire to travel or longing for new places. I'm half german and my boyfriend is from Germany and we both love to travel so it works great!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Goat Forum mobile app

17. Rain&Sun

Rain&Sun New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Cabool, MO
    That's hilarious! I love it!! :D

My herd name is Rain & Sun. I have native american heritage, and when I was a kid I always said my name was Rain Cloud, because rain makes me happy. (and I just plain hated my real name.) My best moments are usually spent with my does in the barn during a rain shower, but then, I also have fun with them in the sun. Hence, Rain & Sun.
    Also, it's kind of a playoff. I'm Rain, (hypothetically) and I now goat farm with my son. Rain & Son, Rain & Sun...
    My tattoo is RAIN and I've considered taking the spaces out of Rain & Sun to make it shorter. (Actually, I think I applied with no spaces, but ADGA put them in... Oh my gosh. just now realized that.)
    Some people have given me weird looks over my herdname. I guess they expected me to be normal and use my last name. :rolleyes: Ah, normal people. Sometimes I wonder what that's like.

18. loggyacreslivestock

loggyacreslivestock Well-Known Member

Mine is Sarver's Loggy Acres Livestock. We have a log house and garage. When we built The first goat hay house and "condo", we used left over logs to make it match our house. The tattoo SLAL in USBGA, but in ABGA it was taken. So SLAE is my herd beginning and tattoo. Sarver's Loggy Acres Enterprises.
    Www.loggyacres.weebly.com

Sent from my SM-G928V using Goat Forum mobile app