The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Honor of fast approaching Halloween, come drag up a chair by the campfire and tell your best spooky story. Can be true or made up, I don't care as long as it is chilling. Ghost stories, alien sightings, peculiar happenings, bigfoot sightings, run ins with predators doesn't matter any spooky story will do!!:eek:

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I will start I will tell you about one of my real life experiences and let you decide what I actually saw.

In Eureka Springs Arkansas, there is a famous Haunted Hotel the Crescent Hotel. It's sister hotel which was built in the same time period is also reported to be haunted but doesn't get nearly the publicity. It is called the Basin Park Hotel. It is famous for being the only hotel in which every story is on a ground floor even though it is 7 stories high. Eureka Springs is nestled in the Ozark mountains and the hotel is built into the side of the mountain. I had always wanted to see it because of this unique trait.
So one day my mother, daughter and I went inside of it and was walking along the hallways and lobby just looking around. It has a restaurant in the top and we thought we might eat there. When we got up to one of the upper floors we found a long skinny ballroom that was being prepared for some event, probably a wedding. Hotel staff were rushing in and out and setting up things. We asked if we could look around and they said sure and we went inside.
It was a long skinny room along one side of the building with only two door, one on each end of the long side. It had windows all the way around the three exterior sides and you could look out over the town. It had to the best of my memory hard wood floors. Anyway, my daughter said she needed to use the restroom and my mom said, "I do too, so I will take her", I stayed in the room alone to look at the view some more.
A little lady came in, who was probably in her 80's and she told me she could remember going to many gala balls and dances in this very room in her day. She said "oh it used to be so much fun, there would be a ball in here nearly every weekend". I talked to her for at least 5 minutes. Then I heard my mom and daughter talking and walking back to the door, I turned as they come in to look at them and said "You have to meet this nice lady she actually used to come to balls and dances here", My mom said "What lady?" I turned and she was gone.
There were only two doors, my mom and daughter had just come in one and they would have seen her pass them, the other one was at the far end of that long skinny room, I just don't' see how she could have gotten past me to the other end of that room and out the door without me or my mom or daughter seeing her. She was just GONE.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
That's awesome Leslie. I have a big interest in the spirit world and things like that so stories like that are just super cool to me! I also have a spirit contact story but it is so crazy that none of you would believe me if I told you..

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Tell us Sidney!

OMGosh that's creepy Leslie!!! I've got one just gimme a sec to type it out

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
That's pretty cool, Leslie! I love it when supernatural things happen; and yes, I believe they DO happen more often than we know!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Okay so my friend and I were working concessions a couple days ago... I had to go to the bathroom so I left my friend Jordyn at the concession table stand thingy. Two minutes later as I'm washing my hands Jordyn throws open the bathroom door screaming! She opened the door so hard it hit the wall, and she just was screaming my name. I "scolded" her for leaving the stand unattended, but she shrugged it off and told me how the door to the classroom next to us was rattling, like someone was trying to get out of the room! The two hours went on and we heard a bunch of creepy noises and saw a bunch of shadows. The weirdest thing yet was when we went in there to check it out because the lights went out and the computer was on. The lights HAD been on and the computer HADN'T. It was creepy, lets just say that.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Okay, my story is long but I will tell it. If you don't believe it, that is OK, I know it sounds really crazy but it IS true.

We moved to our house last June. It is in eastern washington, and the original homestead was built in the late 1800's. There is two houses on our property, because three generations lived her. The first house that was built burnt down sometime in the early-mid 1900's I believe.....

My room is in the basement. A couple months after we moved in, and my room was finished (we had to totally gut it) I started feeling this strong male presence (don't call me crazy, but I do have a gift of sorts to feel this sort of thing) and smelling a minty after shave. (I have been told smelling things that aren't present is another 'gift', also). Mostly in the morning when I would first wake up. My brother is only 10, so it is not him, and my dad doesn't wear after shave, so not him either. He would stick around for a few minutes every few days, and after a while, he left.

Now a few months ago, he showed up again. This time making his presence much more known, but started slowly. I would feel him watching me in my room (kind of weird when I was getting dressed... lol ) and sometimes he would even sit on my bed. This was particularly cool (yes, I thought and still do think that this experience was AMAZING, and not once was I scared) because I could feel, hear, and see the bed moving but nothing was there :) This went on for a couple weeks. Him sitting on my bed, hanging out it my room (at this point it was ALL the time) and I could still feel his presence. After a while, things started getting a little more 'serious'. He started sending me bad feelings and pictures of dead loved ones. If any of you don't know this, spirits get a lot of energy from moving water. I have 4 aquariums in my room.... I started hearing my name called... sydney...sydney....sydney...sydney.... it was a harsh whisper... At this point the spirit is obviously trying to get my attention. And I had been letting him... When I would go down to my room, and feel him there, I would give a friendly 'Hi' or 'How are you?' because I know he was trying to get my attention and I wanted him to know that that was OK. So when things started getting a little uncomertable I would say a little prayer to God and to ask Him to keep me safe and only let the light, good spirits into my room.... That made me feel safe... Well one night, I was laying in bed, the spirit man was still there. I heard a LOUD BANG in my head and my ears started ringing terribly... I starting seeing pictures... A man, mid 20's... Having a good time in life. Laughing, dancing, he had a girlfriend.... He sent me a series of pictures. He was at a party, and his girlfriend brought him around the corner of a building, and went into kiss him, but instead of a kiss, he was killed... After he made me watch him die, the ringing stopped and his presence went away. I guess he just wanted to tell me how he died... It was one of the most beautiful but saddening moments in my life... This happened just a few months ago and it still makes me tear up when I think about it... I have only told 3 people about his experience... and I know it sounds crazy... so if you don't want to believe it, that is fine... I understand.. :) But it is true...

Well there is my story...

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... that is very interesting and very amazing all at the same time.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
That's really interesting, and really, really, really creepy! ;)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Oddly enough it wasn't creepy to me :shrug:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
If that was me I would be so scared!!!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
If that was me I would be so scared!!!
I think it's just one of those things that you just know if you need to be scared or not... Plus, I knew that I had God on my side, so that really helped.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I think it's just one of those things that you just know if you need to be scared or not... Plus, I knew that I had God on my side, so that really helped.
True. Maybe if I was actually in the situation I wouldn't be quite that freaked

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Thus is true..

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Now I hope y'all don't think I'm insane... LOL But Sarah told me to share!!! :p

1 - 20 of 57 Posts