spot on Bucks boy parts

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by 4kids, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This morning I noticed that both my bucks have a spot (about dime sized) on their scrotum. It looks like a scab. What could this be from? They are both healthy and wormed. Copper was given this summer. The eat and drink well. They look like peeing isn't an issue! What should I put on it? It looks dried over. The strange thing is it is on both boys. Suggestions?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Is it really cold where you are? My boys have callous type spots on the bottom of their scrotums, this normallt happens each winter with my boys, come warmer weather, I put bag balm on them and they look normal again.

3. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh good! I was so stressed by this! We live in CT and it can be very cold. They have their own minibarn and have plenty of hay ect... I was just worried that I missed something!

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My wethers even get spots near their pee-pee this time of year, I think it is the cold and their pee chaps them....I do as Liz.

5. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Put down more straw where they sleep as it sounds like frost bite. If bad enough it can effect their ability to breed so you will want to take care of it.

6. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    hmmm... lots of hay there. I'll throw some more down just to be safe.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with the others... :wink: :thumb: