The Goat Spot Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Today I am leaving the hardware cloth up. Chicks and adults can start mingling! 😱 Exciting and scary at the same time… for me!!!
This was a good moment. There are other moments, but too blurry to capture, when all the chicks run for safety.
Vertebrate Bird Mammal Wood Pet supply

I do believe I am getting my wish, I think Yoki is the only cockerel. He is on the right, with the red comb. The others all have a dark comb. So, Silvio is renamed, Silvia.
Bird Phasianidae Beak Galliformes Feather

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
My toms are the only animals that really love the water misters we have temporarily set up. Today, we had the baby pool out so if the animals wanted to walk through it or lie in it to cool down, they could. When the poults came out for their daily walk about, they were very suspicious of the thing that is there that wasn’t there yesterday.
Plant Tree Wood Trunk Woody plant

Wood Fawn Road surface Terrestrial animal Fence

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The dogs seem to take turns babysitting poults at the picnic table. And the poults finally ventured in to the more wooded area yesterday for the first time.

We have some broody turkey hens sitting on a handful of another clutch of fertilized eggs. Most weren’t fertile when I checked, so I removed those. But some are, which is weird because they weren’t with the toms much at all. I have no idea how this will work out if these hens hatch out a new batch of poults with so many older poults already in the coop and no way to separate them all.

Plant Tree Outdoor bench Outdoor furniture Bird

Plant Vertebrate Tree Dog Wood

Plant Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Fawn Grass

1221 - 1240 of 1265 Posts