Spring days out with the herd

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Coraxfeather, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Ok if you did nto know we got some babies from Mistyblue and I wanted to share them with everyone and Mistyblue. Our new babies out to play in the green grass on our farm. Some have 3 of our yearlings (Pancakes, Besty, and Panada Bear) I use them to help teach the new babies to be part of the herd and also when it is time to come in the yearlings know where to go and what to do. Those three are my best teachers. They seem to keep the going and on the right track all the time.

The herd comen out to play there is 14 of them right now
    [​IMG]
    Ok My Ham just saw I was taken pictures Can you tell
    [​IMG]
    You are challengen me??
    [​IMG]
    HA! (Besty and Chewy)
    [​IMG]
    I maybe a girl but I hit as hard as a boy
    [​IMG]
    Who are you??
    [​IMG]
    Camel
    [​IMG]
    Camel maken friends (You know he is a real big sweet heart)
    [​IMG]
    Natasha sniffing my shoes I have weird goats!
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are having a blast......yahoooooooooo..... :leap: :wink:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the new goaties!!!!!!

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Congrats on your new kids!! They look like they all had a blast!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a cute little herd! They look as though they are having a great time!

6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I am sorry that I could not get on here until today.

Coraxfeather, I am so happy you posted pictures, they look happy and healthy, is it me are they getting bigger. Are you enjoying them and how are Samson and Goliath doing?

I love the babies but I am so glad that I do not have as many to watch over as you do, you definetly have your hands full.

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Camel is grown like a weed. So is the others. I put Chewy, Samsome and Golith in with the yearlings to socilise them a bit more. i am still getting all of them out to play with the herd. They are all grown. Camel is right now in with our smaller goats and he is enjoying it. He is still getting one bottle at night. Going to try and wheen him. Took him out in a petting zoo and he was a hit. He loved all the attection. Chewy and the boys are still a little shy but I am working on it. As for the large herd. I take the yearlings out with the babies once or twice a week. That is 23 goats at one time following me around in the large fields. I have not time for pictures but enjoy watching them all walk with me. I have learned how to step around a lot of goats.

So much has been happening on the farm. I forgot to even announce that we have a cute new baby mini horse. I will have pictures of her up on here soon.

We are going to take Camel to a nursey school on thursday. I have started his training to become a therpory goat just like Pancakes and a few other of the animals here. He has the right personality. Just got to get him to stop trying to take off with things and he has gotten a bad habbit now. Cappy showed him how to pull my hair and take off with my head scarf that I wear when I am out in the sun. More pictures to come. I will get some of him in the petting zoo soon.