Spring= Love/Hate Relationship! :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Allipoe, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    So I love spring. I love the birds. I love the growing things. I love the babies. I love the warmer weather.

But with spring comes the sounds of "COUGH HACK HACK SNEEZE WHEEEEEZE SNORT." My poor goatlings, they are all suffering from colds due to this danged changing weather. The baby we just had to bring inside because his was trying to become some nasty pneumonia (I think we caught it in time), and now his poor little poo's are soft.

SPEAKING OF POO. >.< Hooray for the return of the worms in fighting force! I have this mental image of them strapping on their fatigues and weapons and grinning at each other (a la "Full Metal Jacket") and jumping into the paddocks with glee.

Considering our first kidding season is nigh upon us, I am starting to get super twitchy. I am considering putting the goats in a padded cell, with a bleach moat running around it, and sniper antibiotics at the ready.

>.> <.< ...do I sound crazy?

...its just the spring air getting to me!! I promise! :D :laugh:

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    No babies here.....but I hear ya when it comes to worms!

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hehe!
    I love breakup too, but the mud is what kills me!

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I could not agree more--I hate feeling like I'm walking around on a sponge...and the poor goats are miserable...atleast their shed is dry.