Sprout on day 141... *She Kidded w/pics*

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by yonderhill, May 27, 2009.

1. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Well Weathertop Farm Pong (Sprout) is on day 141.. Her ligs have loosened a little bit and she is getting a cute little udder.. She is our last doe to kid this year and I cannot wait to see what she gives us..She is bred to Dragonfly IH Tenzin (out of Stellaluna) so we are hoping for some phenomonal kids!!

Jennah

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Re: Sprout on day 141...

Ohhh looks like youve got quite a few little kiddos on the way!
    :girl: :girl: :boy: :stars:

3. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

ohhh..I hope so, she just seems so small to me! Noggin was the size of a 747 and she gave us twins... I am having nightmares that sprout is going to give us a single monster buckling :GAAH:

Jennah

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I will guess triplets too. I'll say :girl: :girl: :boy: .

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I'll guess :girl: :girl: .....and at day 148 :stars:

6. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Well I'll take :girl: :girl: ...and at day 148 would be great.. Cosidering day 145 I am going to be out of town all day.. Going to get goaties!! :leap:

Jennah

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

looks like twins :cool:

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

It's gotta be :girl: :girl: , and of course on the day you're there! :thumbup:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree...... looks like twins....... :greengrin:

10. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Day 142... Ligs a little lower.. other than that no change.. I was feeling her right side when all of a sudden WHAM a big ol kick... I really hope it was not the monster buckling I have been fearing :worried:

Jennah

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Nawwww....just a super energetic doeling! :hug:

12. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

fingers crossed on that.....

Jennah

13. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Re: Sprout on day 141... *UPDATE*

Well I was gone for most of the day picking up our 2 new herdsires (Addie, they are doing great, we are so pleased with them) yesterday (day 145) And sprout held on.. Ligs still there, just low and loose. When I went to check on them last night around 7pm ligs were gone.. UGHHHH I had,had no sleep (got up at 3:30 am Sun morning to drive to Ma.) So I checked again at 10pm, and again at 1am...nothing (which pleases me because it was in the 20's here last night..too cold for goat babies:) So she is posty as all get out now.. udder filled and plug visible... I am hoping for her to go by tonight... I'll keep you posted!

Jennah

14. ProctorHillFarm

I knew you'd just love em- they are good boys :)
    Oh so glad she waited for you to get back (and for the cold snap to pass- can you believe it?)- hope you got to sleep in a little bit, and heres to hoping she has them in the nice afternoon sun today! :girl: :girl: :leap:

15. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Sprout kidded last night at 6pm... it was not an easy first birth for her... the ffirst kid was rather large, Sprout pushed and pushed standing up, laying down.. When it became obvious that she was going to be unable to do this on her own I went in and found the front legs and straightened them out, thinking she would be able to take it from there, but the opening of her vulva and the size of the head were completely incompatable. I tried just easing her vulva around the head, but that was a no go, had to grab both front legs and pull with her contractions (I was really afraid she was going to tear) I had to pull pretty hard but the beautiful buckling emerged unscathed... Sprout took right to him.. A great first time mom.. So there were my fears about a monster buckling... about 5 min later out slid a gorgeous little doe.. They are absolutely precious... I am exhausted! After travelling all day sunday to pick up the boys, and getting little sleep Sunday night because I was checking on Sprout... I totally just crashed last night... The kids took to nursing right away so I didn't worry about them at all last night..just slept :) In fact the buckling nursed soo much the only picture I could get of him was while nursing... he was a nursing fool!

Jennah

16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congratulations!!

I agree, these first time moms are great. :thumb: Wow, you aren't kidding about the monster-he's big and then some! It's so wonderful to have the doeling too-just grand. :stars: :wahoo:

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    WOW :shocked: :shocked: he is a big boy! That little girl is just adorable!!!

Congrats!

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations on a successful delivery. Glad you were there to help her.

They are just cute as ever.

19. ProctorHillFarm

Holy goat- look at the size of that boy! Good thing there was a little doe in there too or he may have been even bigger! :shocked:
    Congrats on a succesful delivery- and your perfect :boy: :girl: ratio every kidding!! :wahoo:
    Is the girl a keeper?

20. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    The girl is definetly a keeper :love: they are special babies as they share their birthday with my son, he turned 2 yesterday!! The baby girl has the coolest eyes... they are blue/green in the middle and brown around the rim.. I have never seen anything like it... the boys are like that too.
    Ya we had a heck of a time getting that big boy out...poor Sprout!
    we are totally fine with our 50-50 boy-girl ratio!! it is funny that they each gave us a boy and girl in that order...

I have to update my website, just have been crazy... Addie, I gotta get pics of the boys up, before they think I don't like them :wink: and then get pics of these cuties up...

so that wraps up our 2009 kidding season, it was our first and I totally enjoyed it, we are retaining 4 of the 6 kids born to get an idea of how our breeding stategies worrked we are excited to have 2 gorgeous wethers for sale.... I know small potatoes, compared to those who have 30+ kidsfor sale each year... :)

Thanks for looking at our babies and all your well wishes.. You have all been great!

Jennah