SSN 2020 Kidding thread

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by SandyNubians, Dec 14, 2019.

1. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    I wish I could delete my last one. Got a little too long and was more of a late 2019 kidding thread. So here is my new one! Lol

Wee3Farms MT AliceinWonderland
    She will be 5 in April. Has kidded at least one.

Then it's Cherry Butte Twixel
    She is an older girl. She will be 8 in February.

Last in this batch is Diamond T Kids Rainbow
    She will be 6 in June 2020

Now for the others
    Mary-lou. Due in February. Bred to tarzan

Twinkle Toes. Due in Feb/March. Bred to tarzan.

Anime. Due in March. Bred to Oaken

DrkBrwn ND. Bred to Oaken(maybe peewee) Due May 8th

Lighter ND doe

Dippin' dots

RootBeer

Bubble

And possibly(would be bred in June-August 2020
    Mara

Tala

And Abbey

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Now here is the problem girl. I just got her registration application today. She was born May 7th, 2019. That means she only about 3-4 months old when bred. Incredibly irresponsible on her previous owner's part, and it may cost her, her life. The youngest doe I've ever had kid was bred at 8 months and I lost her sister, and almost lot her. This doe will be kidding at 8 months. She looks closest to kidding out of those 4. I don't expect her to have more than 4 weeks left. What are her odds of not making it? Other than obviously being there for the kidding, and limiting food. What can be done to help her have the best chance?

This is her next to the buck she was bred by
    20191211_213950.jpg

This is her udder
    20191211_212051.jpg
    Kinda hard to tell with all the hair, but she more than a big handful of udder. Her ligs are loose. Feels like just one kid. She almost always looks open in the back end when walking, and is prolapsing a little bit when she lays down(which just worries me more!)
    20191211_151252.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh poor baby! I don't have any advice except since she was living on leaves she probably needs a full course of replemin (loader and weekly). Personally I'd give her a handful of red raspberry leaves daily too. She's so adorable though I really hope she gets through this ok

4. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Edited. Holy typos! I need some sleep, lol

Any idea how I could get her to eat it though? While the other 3(including her mom) are super friendly, she looks like she wasn't handled much. I locked her up with some tea water. She hasn't touched it. I just went and offered her a few handfuls of plain dried raspberry leaves, but she won't come within 5ft of me. I left them in with her but looking on camera she hasn't gone anywhere near them. I started her on replamin yesterday and gave her some BoSe. I held off on cdt since I have no idea when she is for sure due.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Moers kiko boars and GoofyGoat like this.
  5. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I just put mine in each goats grain bowl but since she's so tiny giving her much grain probably isn't too good an idea maybe a quarter cup twice a day with those mixed in. My does think it's a treat so I have no problem giving raspberry leaves. Time might be the best answer I guess, she's been through a lot in her short life and gaining her trust might be the answer.

6. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    I will try that. She just doesn't want to eat anything except hay, or leaves. I tried putting some in her hay, and she definitely ate some but I'm not quite sure how much of it.

Got 2 new girls today!
    They are a little, um, chunky. I couldn't feel their ribs for the life of me! They are 14 months old, usually, i'd wait until 16 months to breed, but they look nice and wide and are only slightly smaller than sarsparilla ls, so I decided to breed them. One girl(the darker brown one) was in heat right when she got here so that worked! She was bred to Oaken, but i turned peewee out with her too. I am dead set on breeding the other girl to peewee. I think they will beautiful kids!
    20191215_143938.jpg 20191215_143846.jpg

7. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Oh they are beautiful! And your problem child looks like a sassy trouble maker doesn’t she? She’s adorable.
    Try not to worry yourself to death on her. You are doing good and have a good plan. I did the same with a small just shy 4 month old that lute didn’t work on and I did have to help her some but it all turned out fine in the end. Hopefully she has a small herd in there so they are extra small kids. I would defiantly watch her for any signs of pregnancy toxemia, even if she acts a tad off I would treat her (although that is my advise even with a older super well fed doe).

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. OMGosh that little face!! I have no experience with them that young. I would def have done all the things you did and give her lots of alfalfa...if she was just eating leaves, who knows how much calcium she got. Maybe a touch of grain too since she's still a baby. At this point, there is nothing you can do except watch her and be there to help. Praying everything goes well.

Beautiful new girls!

Hey now...these don't look like Nubians...:shrug::heehee:

10. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    How is that precious Mara doin? I have not seen anything about her in forever it seems. :).

SandyNubians and GoofyGoat like this.
  11. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    There's a picture of Mara in the other kidding thread @Sfgwife ;) I check up often on her too...she's so special.
    I love your new girls they're adorable. Absolutely the one should go with PeeWee they'll be stunning kids. I think Oaken with the other will be a good match too.
    Cant wait for baby pictures :)

toth boer goats and Sfgwife like this.
  12. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    I know(embarrassed) I just spent the weekend coming up with my gameplan. I plan to have mainly Nigerians for the next year or 2, just cause they are really popular right now, and then I will sell them off and get some quality nubians. I can't wait to have them back! I only have 1 pure nubian now, the rest are crosses:(

13. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    She certainly is a trouble maker! I don't know how many fences she has broke or got out of now. I feel bad, but I can't have her drinking her dams milk. I am almost out of colostrum that I have stored up and my next girls aren't due until late Feb.

I believe I read your thread(maybe it was for a different girl though) yesterday. I did see most threads about young bred girls, they seem to turn out okay. I am definitely less worried now. It just made me so worried thinking about a 3mo getting bred. All of mine at 3mo still have their little baby face. It makes me sad they knowingly let that happen to her:(

14. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    I had a vet out this morning to check on enapay(he has been having an eye problem) and had them check on the Junebug(new name for the "problem girl)

She did a quick physical check on her. She did say the kid feels full term. She is 90% sure there is just one kid. She has a narrow vaginal canal but considering her age that's not unexpected. She does think she will be OK, but recommended that I be there for the birth, and alert one of the vet techs when she is in labor, just in case.

15. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Junebug is a great name for the little stinker. I hope the vet's right on both counts she'll be ok (first and foremost) and she'll only have one. (though twins might have been better because they're generally smaller)
    When's Junebug's momma due?
    I was thinking... do you have any milk that you can bottle feed junebug for now while you're trying to get her off her momma?
    It's good nutrition and it'll help her keep growing as she's growing her kids...
    I know a pregnant bottle baby isn't an ideal thing but it might help her get through this easier.
    Not to mention it might help tame her down some to associate you with food and good things.

16. I'm just teasin'! I think NDs are so adorable, but the ones Ive had (other than the bucks) always caused me more work. (getting out, being trouble lol, getting into stuff) and I just don't like milking them after milking Nubians and mini-Nubs. Also, I'm like 6' tall and it was a little hard leading them around (rofl)

There's just something about those Nubians I love. I hope you are able to get them back soon!

17. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    How's it going? Everyone getting settled in ok?

18. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awwww love the new girls...so cute. How exciting to start spmething new..welcome to my world.
    Love the name Junebug..
    So appropriate. Keep us posted on her journey! Full of fun & excitement. Lol lom

SandyNubians likes this.
  19. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Yep, everyone is great. Junebug is starting to be more and more friendly. I tried to give her a bottle but that just ended up with everyone covered in milk, lol. She is eating grain now, so that's super helpful. I am giving her 1/2 a cup right now so hopefully that's not too much for her. Ligs were super soft this morning. I haven't checked her since, but I still don't think she is quite ready yet. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow morning, so maybe then?

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California