SSN 2020 Kidding thread

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by SandyNubians, Dec 14, 2019.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Nice size jump in no time flat! She's coming along nicely! :)

3. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Looks like today will be the day(It is my dads B-day today, so this is a nice surprise!)

Ligs feel gone and udder huge (still not super tight yet though). Leaking a good amount of discharge and is being very needy. IMG_20200522_133607246.jpg
    It's pretty chilly now, 46°! I may have to move her into the barn here shortly. She is just chowing down on hay so far right now.

Moers kiko boars and GoofyGoat like this.
  4. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    She kidded about an hour ago. Everything went flawlessly! Very healthy, active, and large doeling! She is super pretty. Teeth are erupted and she is really large for a being 7 days early. I am thinking she probably took on the December 21 breeding.

Here is the pretty girl! I will get some more pics once she is settled.
    IMG_20200522_162809666_HDR.jpg IMG_20200522_162457579_HDR.jpg

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  5. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Awwww! She is beautiful! I'm so happy for you that everything went well!(dance)

6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

7. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh congratulations she's gorgeous! I'm thrilled for you :)

8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    :wow::wow:(woot)
    SHe is ADORABLE!! SO GLAD FOR YOU!!!:goatkiss::happygoat::goatkiss: ITS SNUGGLE TIME!!!

SandyNubians likes this.
  9. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Everything seems calm this morning. I was a bit worried last night. Rootbeer isn't exactly the best mom yet. I think she will get there though!she spent the night sleeping on one end of the barn and baby on the other. She isn't super responsive to the kids bleats and just goes off and does her own thing. She also won't stand more than 10 seconds while the kid is nursing before she walks away. It's not hard for me to go out and hold her every so often though.

Here are some pics from the little girl exploring since it is pretty warm this morning.
    IMG_20200523_100322762_HDR.jpg IMG_20200523_100332875.jpg IMG_20200523_100341190.jpg

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. MellonFriend

Her coat is such a pretty silver! How's the rest of the herd treating her?

12. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Been a bit busy. Rootbeer and her doeling are doing well. Rootbeer isn't exactly the best mom in the world, but her little girl is fast enough to drink while she is walking and rootbeer is OK with that.

Butter is on day 143 and Biscuit is on 142. Should have kids any day now, but not much happening yet.

My sister's corgi had her pups on the 30th. It went very smoothly(With the exception of one pup who is ok now) and oh my goodness they are the cutest things ever! She had 6. 4 boys and 2 girls.

IMG_20200601_183411453_HDR.jpg

13. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

14. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    My sister has a corgi. He is hilarious. I was really impressed with how intelligent he is. Your babies are adorable. So sweet!

SandyNubians likes this.
  15. MellonFriend

Oh, adorable babies! They're just little lumps of cute!:inlove: