The Goat Spot Forum banner

181 - 200 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
We are goona see wee onez..all happy and cute. I cant wait to see who has the longest ears:heehee:!
I know! I looove me some long ears:inlove: I bet it will be one of bubbles kids. Her quads last kidding had some pretty long ears! Only beat by Gertie, rootbeers kid.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
We have a kid! Well, okay, I got him from someone. I have been trying my best to not buy anymore goats, I have enough(That's what I keep telling myself!) but this guy was on CL for free. His buddy had died the night before and they didn't want him to live alone. They were only 10 minutes away so what the heck! Cute little alpine. In a bit of a bad way. SUPER thin. Just skin and bone, no muscle on him at all. He is a month old but looks more like a 2 week old. Pure water scours. I did a fecal here and saw coccidia. So, I started him on corid, electrolytes, and cows milk. Previous owner had him on a universal milk replacer and mixed gelatin and yogurt with it. I mean, to each their own. Sometimes it works for people but this guy definitely wasn't doing too well on it. Between the replacer, the coccidia, losing his buddy, the 17° temps last night with no heat source, and stress of moving I am sure all added up to how he is. He is eating good and alert, so I think he has a pretty good chance. I lost my thermometer so I will buy one tomorrow morning and see if there is anything wrong in that department.

Here is Maui! Glad I am getting floors replaced! I don't have to worry about him soiling concrete :lolgoat:
IMG_20210224_164653729.jpg

IMG_20210224_165001955.jpg

IMG_20210224_164955658.jpg

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Last post! Back to the regularly scheduled program.

Ash is day 142-150. Should see kids in the next 3 days. I have forgotten to take any pictures of her udder but have been feeling. It definitely feels different this evening from how it felt this morning. Ligs are about the same maybe a bit lower. We will see what happens overnight!

Everyone else is day 141-142. So they should all go in the next 8 days or so.

Mary-lou. Poor girl gets huge the last few weeks!
IMG_20210224_143133879.jpg

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Awww! Maui is gorgeous! Great find, I’m sure you’ll whip him into shape in no time at all.
I think Ash will go Friday night/Saturday morning (official guess work)
Geez Mary-Lou, you swallowed a beach ball didn’t you...
Did your Dad pick Maui’s name? I Still get a giggle every time I walk past Gellato or Spam lol

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Awww! Maui is gorgeous! Great find, I'm sure you'll whip him into shape in no time at all.
I think Ash will go Friday night/Saturday morning (official guess work)
Geez Mary-Lou, you swallowed a beach ball didn't you...
Did your Dad pick Maui's name? I Still get a giggle every time I walk past Gellato or Spam lol
(rofl) Thank for the laugh! I do too. No, he didn't pick this one out though! The song "You're Welcome" from Moana played on the way back, lol. Maui seemed to fit.

He is doing waaay better already. Jumping and playing like crazy today! Teeth grinding has mostly stopped, I hear it every now and again. Before it was almost constant. Scours are just getting under control and firming up. Eating much more enthusiastically now. He is a trouble maker! Loves trying to headbutt everything and everyone. Eating the puppy pads. Doing flips off the wall. Love this little guy. Told myself I wouldn't keep him....but...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Well, looks like it will be a race to the finish. I have no idea who will go first at this point.

Day 144-152ish for ash. 144 for everyone else.

Ash was standing outside. Ligs feel different but obviously there. Udder hasn't changed much. She was super skittish which was a bit strange.

Bubble was standing around too. I have mastered feeling her SUPER low ligs if I just feel further up towards her hip. I could barley feel one and couldn't find the other. Felt pretty darn mushy. Udder does look bigger and she had some discharge. Otherwise just standing around chewing cud.

Twinkle toe. I was watching her close today. Her udder has gotten bigger. She was very red in the back end. Discharge. Tail has looked pretty funny. Ligs are nearly gone. Still acting pretty normal though and udder isn't drastically bigger, just enough to be noticeable.

Mary-lou. She is about the same.

Bessie is pretty hard to tell. 3 days to 147. I can get a feel of her udder easily when I give grain in the morning but that's about it. After that, she is back to keeping her distance. She is acting normal and udder hasn't changed much though.

Here is poor ash
IMG_20210225_200730375.jpg

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
We have a new front runner coming all the way from the back!

It's Bessie!!

I did my rounds and checked everybody. All was well and nobody seemed particularly close. I walked out to where the sheep sleep and saw the merino girl by herself. She and bessie are NEVER apart. Thankfully the moon was out so it was pretty easy to see. I saw her up on the hill, alone. I was able to feel her udder and it feels and looks a lot bigger than before. Not quite tight, but getting there.

So, I totally forgot to fix the barn up for kidding. I figured I could just do it easily once one of them looked close. Didn't think it would be at night(doh) So I had to pull a new bale of hay in to get everyone out of the barn. Mucked. Rebedded. Felt bad that I was kicking everyone out of the comfy part of the barn. Rebedded the rest of the barn so they would still be very comfy(and if there were surpise kids, warm). Fixed the fence part of the kidding pen. Just my luck the stupid outlet I usually use to hook up the camera wasn't working. Spent 45 mins trying to fix it before I just went out and found 5 more extension cords and hooked them together and it finally worked! 2am. Usually I post the update right as I go to bed at 12....Oh well. Cam is up and the watch is on! I put ash in with her as well. Her ligs were still pretty tight but I felt her udder may have been a bit bigger and I went through all that trouble to set it up, might as well make the most of it! Both girls seem content to be eating some hay.

We will see what the morning brings! Day 145-153 for ash. 145 for everyone else.

181 - 200 of 298 Posts