The Goat Spot Forum banner

201 - 220 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I swear I am going to lose it (headsmash) I do this every single year. I can always tell when they are for sure going to kid, yet I always end up doing a lot of wishful thinking prior.

Nothing! I could have sworn bessie would go! She was up at the top of the pasture by herself. Her udder is bigger. I got up every 2 hours and swore she was stretching...Nope! Nothing. Udder still isn't full. The bottom is, but everything else is still loose. 0 other signs.

Everybody else is still holding on as well.

Day 147.
Ash's ligs felt softer. I didn't want to make her stand up and check her udder so can't tell you on that.

Bessie is the same. 147, her due date. We will see what she looks like in the morning.

Twinkles ligs felt softer tonight. Don't know about udder.

Bubbles ligs felt noticeably different tonight. Much wider of a squishy area and I could actually feel ligs now since her entire back end is mushy. Barely there. Udder is the same though.

Mary-Lou hasn't changed. She has stayed the same throughout and I thank her for that! Should be easy to tell when she will go.

Anime is getting pretty big in the belly and should have a couple weeks left.

Lady is looking pretty chunky as well.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I hope they don’t drive you insane.
I just thought, how you check on their udders and ligaments... imagine the does talking in the stall at night... “Her mind is just barely hanging on by a thread. She’s nearly there.” :eek:ops2:(rofl)
Good luck with them all!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
(headsmash) Gosh darn doe code. I am going INSANE! How is it day 151 and 0 out of 5 goats(and one sheep) have gone or even look very close!

Okay, I did check dates and I got Mary-Lou and Twinkle early. They were bred October 8, putting them (still)at 149. The other girls remain the same. 150/151 days.

Ash was standing totally alone(in the wind) tonight. Udder felt quite a bit bigger. Some discharge. She was stretching quite a bit earlier.

Bessie's udder has gotten even bigger over the last couple hours. A little bigger than a basketball now. Only the bottom feels tight though. Everything else is still pretty loose.

Bubble was also stretching a lot earlier. Udder maybe looked bigger tonight, it was dark though. Ligs are even looser than a little bit ago.

Mary-Lou is the same, ligs are softer.

Twinkle has had pretty loose ligs. Udder looks about the same but she was a fill during kidding girl on her FF.

Lady is on day 139, anime is probably right with her. Both have been filling udders and ligs have been getting loose.

I will do a few night checks but I don't think anyone will be going. Tomorrow does seem promising though! Surely at least one of them has got to pop...Right?(doh)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Well, I saw that bubbles udder was significantly larger this morning. Thankfully I am doing chores outside for the next few days so I was keeping tabs on her. Right when I finished my big chore of the month I saw that she had a bunch of goo. Into the kidding pen she goes!

Gave everyone else a quick feel. Bessie's udder is bigger. Twinkles ligs are lower. Mary-lou is the same. Once I got bubble in the barn I heard a very quiet bleat. Ashleigh was standing right outside the gate. And she made a noise! That goat NEVER makes noise. Her udder isn't that much bigger but I think she is having some contraction and ligs feel gone. So, they are both in the pen munching on hay for now. Bubble should go soon, she has pushed a few times.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)
Didn't go how I hoped :( 3 doelings and one unknown for bubble. 2 live. I think she is done. Need to feed the one, make sure bubble is nursing the other. Then head out and get some antibiotics. Ash's udder has just has filled but I think she will wait until tonight/tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
Bubble had quads. Kinda. First one to come out was the one I have in the house. She was a good sized girl and took a bit of pulling. Had a very hard time breathing for the first minute so I swung her. Then I saw another leg coming out. I grabbed it and it felt totally off. Not like a normal kid at all. It wouldn't budge so I pushed it back in. Nothing felt right. Once I got in the birth canal it was pretty easy. Mummified doeling. After that what I thought was an empty sac came out but it had a very decomposed mummified kid. I would guess probably 4 months along. At that point, I went all the way in just to check. Waaay down on the bottom, I felt what I thought was another deceased kid. Until I felt it move. I got her pulled up to the birth canal and got her out after a bit of maneuvering. The last doe born(the live one) is doing great. She was up and nursing within 20 minutes. I brought the other doeling(first born) inside because she just wasn't as strong. I have syringe fed her a couple times and she is finally starting to drink from the bottle now.

I started bubble on a heavy dose of Pen G. She does still have the decomposed placenta hanging out. She passed the healthy one but this one is not moving. I don't know if I should pull it out or?
This is what it looks like
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_20210306_155856068.jpg

201 - 220 of 298 Posts