The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first freshener, boer doe, Savanna, has been acting like she’s in labor for 3 days now. (She has NOT started pushing yet)She’s pawing,nesting,she’s restless,heavy breathing last night, up and down constantly, yawning, everything you see in stage 1 of labor. I first noticed this behavior on Friday night and now it’s Sunday afternoon. She really progressed last night and i was out here until 1am. But she still hasn’t had yet. She also had stringing discharge last night. Also I cant find her ligaments anywhere. I just don’t know what’s happening. She keeps tricking me but I wanted to know if anyone here has had a similar experience??

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully things are OK?

Call a vet or, tie her up but make sure if she goes down, she won't choke herself, go in and check.
She may be in trouble.
I finally got her to hold still. She wasn't dilated and it took a good 2 minutes but I found one of her ligaments. So everything is all good!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Silly preggo goat gals... It's like they all get together and say "just wait... I'm gonna trick her <tee hee>":crazy:

Reactions: Adam Spires

·
14,726 Posts
Doe code was my immediate thought lol! Glad she is okay! We have all been there, and they love to drive us crazy! Hopefully she kids soon. The goo you saw was probably just plug coming out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first freshener, boer doe, Savanna, has been acting like she's in labor for 3 days now. (She has NOT started pushing yet)She's pawing,nesting,she's restless,heavy breathing last night, up and down constantly, yawning, everything you see in stage 1 of labor. I first noticed this behavior on Friday night and now it's Sunday afternoon. She really progressed last night and i was out here until 1am. But she still hasn't had yet. She also had stringing discharge last night. Also I cant find her ligaments anywhere. I just don't know what's happening. She keeps tricking me but I wanted to know if anyone here has had a similar experience??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, just thought would mention this. I had a got do exactly what you are describing for three days also. Since I am not an experience goat owner and this was only my third doe to kid ever, I decided to call the vet out. So glad I did my does cervic was not dilating. She had drive her 20 mins to the clinic and she had an emergency C Section. They said if I waited very much longer they my not have made it . They all three survived 2 does and 1 buck. I still have the 2 does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts