The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
14,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids market wethers decided to get all dirty last night in their stall! :rolleyes: They have some ugly stains.

Someone had mentioned using Cowboy Magic, is it the green spot remover stuff? Our feed store has that and we are going there today to get feed. Otherwise I think she said they have Orvis.

Otherwise anything I can try from Walmart? I don't have any time to go anywhere else & the kids are showing them tomorrow.

I have Quic Silver shampoo, but it won't work on these stains.

·
14,615 Posts
Yep the green stuff. Get the stain pretty wet, spray in Cowboy Magic & let sit for 5 minutes or so before rinse.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Nancy, do you think it will work on blue kote stains? Just curious... nothing else seems to works except for cutting it off lol

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'm all for expirements! I'll pick some up to try it and post back.

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
My mom has good results with Resolve (used to be Spray n Wash). That stuff gets anything out! You can also try peroxide, but it can bleach ********.

·
14,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mom has good results with Resolve (used to be Spray n Wash). That stuff gets anything out! You can also try peroxide, but it can bleach ********.
Thanks! I do have resolve in the cabinet! I may have to take some out to experiment with it!

I picked up some Cowboy Magic Greenspot at the feed store today, so hopefully that will take care of the hideous stain lol I should take a before/after pic, but honestly don't think I'll have time.

·
570 Posts
Resolve? Can you use that on goats?

·
14,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Cowboy Magic greenspot worked pretty well, didn't get the whole stain off, but definitely made it look better!

Of course I bought a new bottle of Quic Silver shampoo to use and that made their backs turn off color/black! OMG really? lol The other bottle never did that and we applied it the same way <a tiny drop in a wet sponge, lather and apply rubbing quickly and rinsing>. The old bottle was 2yo, maybe this one hasn't aged enough yet? lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have been having trouble with getting iodine out of my goats hair! I have a shampoo called Bright Lights that is supposed to get out all stains by it doesn't work on iodine! The only way to get it off is to shave it off! Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Dawn dish liquid. Let it lather up and acouple sit for a few minutes then rinse well. I don't like bright lights... it never worked well for me. Other whitening shampoos did ok though. I still prefer.dawn with okay in it and condition every.other wash. I always spray with show sheen as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts