Stall scraper

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by CrossCreekTX, Mar 3, 2010.

1. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    I have treated plywood for the floor of my little barn. (I'm in a flood plain so the floor of the barn is 3ft above ground level). I needed something to scrape the goat berries up and my shovel has a round tip. I took a 6ft long x3inch wide scrap of 3/4in plywood and screwed a 6inchx24inch scrap to one end. Voila a scraper! LOL Cleaned the stall in no time flat.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hey... that is a great idea.... :thumbup: :greengrin:

4. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
  5. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

I actually have a floor scraper from home depot we used to scrape up stick on tiles in our house when we moved in. I use it for cleaning up the goat shed and chicken shed :cool: works like a charm!

6. ChrisAnthumum

ChrisAnthumum New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Michigan
    I use the metal snow shovel.. :) But your idea is a good one, you probably don't have an excess of snow shovels in Tx like we have here!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    So the urine does not rot the wood?

I had a area in my barn that all the water from outside would drain to, and it was horrible, so I took pallets and laid them all over the ground and I used plywood on top of the pallets so they do not get their legs stuck and break a leg. I took the stuff out because I did a better drainage system in and wow the wood stunk and was rotten.

8. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    we use a snow shovel also