The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone help me!!!!!
My goat Finley (I goat last mouth for an FFA project) pushed in stance when I first had him but ever since he has warmed up to me he hadn't been pushing I tried pulling his tail, backing up into the fence, even if I use the trailer to push him off right after I get out of the trailer he goes back to not pushing please help me I have a show coming up in a few weeks and I need his stance perfect help me please please please please

·
Registered
666 Posts
Try digging a shallow hole filling it with cold water and backing him up into it do this repeatedly and he'll think every time you push him he will be backing into cold water and he will push. This is an old trick I've learned from a sheep breeder. I've never actually used it before because I never really liked sheep. But it seems reliable:)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
You can try backing him into the trough... I accidentally did that with my boer doe I am trying to train to brace, and she didn't want anything to do with it!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
People may not agree with me here and that's fine but this is what works wonders for me. Get a hot shot, tractor supply sells them. Brace him and have someone else zap him while you are trying to push. He will push so hard against you and after that all you have to do is show it to him and he will get the point!

·
Registered
46 Posts
People may not agree with me here and that's fine but this is what works wonders for me. Get a hot shot, tractor supply sells them. Brace him and have someone else zap him while you are trying to push. He will push so hard against you and after that all you have to do is show it to him and he will get the point!
Is that dangerous though or no

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Shouldn't be. It's just like getting zapped by an electric fence.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Not dangerous, just stings for a second but I promise you it works! My last goat was very stubborn, I zapped him and he turned around and bit the bad end of the hot shot while it was still on. Needless to say he NEVER tried to bite it again

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not dangerous, just stings for a second but I promise you it works! My last goat was very stubborn, I zapped him and he turned around and bit the bad end of the hot shot while it was still on. Needless to say he NEVER tried to bite it again
Yea that good

·
Registered
46 Posts
k

I now and that good he stop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts