Standing bucks to outside does

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sunrise, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    Ok I know a lot of people don't stand thier bucks to outside does, but is there anyone who does? If so what do you charge and what requirements do you have?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't own a buck so I use someone elses. She charges me 30.00 per doe and I bring him to my place. She requires that the does be vaccinated and only because she said that anyone who vaccinates is taking care of their does and will take care of her buck. Very laid back old lady and I apprecitate her.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have studded both my boys..the pygmy to a friend and I got a doeling for him staying with her for 2 weeks. The other was my nigi and her does were here...and because I didn't know what he would "throw" I charged 50 for both does...they were here for 2 1/2 weeks...the 50 cobered feed and hay.

4. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks. Any ideas on what to charge for a unproven fullblood Boer with good bloodlines?

5. babe817

babe817 New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    how many does will he be with?

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I only stud my bucks to healty does, I do not bord as i dont have the room, i have the owner bring the doe with her CAE and CL neg paperwork, if she apears healthy to me then she can get out of the truck or trailer, if not she leaves. i put my buck on a leash as soon as he does his business we walk away, i try to limit his foreplay, i dont like them butting heads and such as it can transmit CAE and such, not all negatives are true negatives. For an unproven buck i charge fifty dollars thirty five to 4-hers.
    beth

7. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    He will be with 4 of mine and 4 outsite. So about 8 all together.

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    my fullblood boer i stud , i charge $40 and two dollars a day for boarding.

9. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks for the help!

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We don't do stud because we do not want to bring disease into the herd. I do hold does that people have bought till the fall(they have to pay full money down plus board) to be bred to one of my bucks. I charge $35 for breeding and $10-20 a month for board depending upon the goat(yearlings and kids are less because they don't eat as much)

11. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    We don't offer our buck for stud because I want to keep my herd clean, disease free. IF I were to let him be used for breeding outside does, it'd be $35-$50.

12. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    We are getting my buck on Wednesday, and if I stud him it will be a $50 fee [national wins behind him] to healthy does only. They will have to come to my place, not rent him out to go elsewhere.
    Ashlyn

13. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i will only use my bucks on does that i know. last year i leased legacy out & this year i am leasing jasper out but both times it will be to service does that they bought from me. alot of folks don't have the time or means to own a buck so there always has to be some one to let them use there bucks. when i lease them i do not charge for the breeding because they have to do the cost of feeding & any vet bills.