The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

This is my 10 month old Nigerian doe. I noticed this around her tail about a month ago, then today saw her legs.

2 months ago I brought in a buck I've been treating for mites, he has since gotten a lot better. I did the same treatment on her but it seems the same, plus maybe spreading a bit.

I've been using nu-stock, ivomec pour on (1 treatment). Cleaned the barns and powdered 7. I'm Leary about treating with more wormer as she was (quickly) exposed to the buck on the 4th.

Any advice on something else I can do to help her. She doesn't act like it's bothering her but I don't want it to get worse. Thanks in advance!
IMG_9632.jpg
IMG_9630.jpg

·
Registered
29,973 Posts
I would guess staph. Chlorahexadin is good for this or if you have quality essential oils, tea tree in witch hazel works. Use at least 2 times a day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! I will pick some up. Do you think this would need antibiotics? I don’t think she has a fever- acting normally so I didn’t check.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello! I took her into the vet today since I was taking my buckling too and she's having some lingering skin issues.

He thinks it may be mites and also part nutritional deficiency. He gave a shot of multi-min and gave eprinex for the possible mites.

I like to read/search posts so I try to follow up in case anyone is reading :).

The chlorhexdine was helping a lot of the areas clear up so it didn't look nearly as bad/raw as before. Thanks again for all the advice you give here.

Here's a picture of her too- meet Chia :)
4A9A2233.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts