StarBurst..will she burst? lol.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jan 12, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :)

Okay, Star is due anytime from the last 1/2 of January, and the first 1/2 of Febuary.

She's looking -extremely - enormous, so much she's earned the nickname titanic. her belly hangs down past her hocks. tailhead raised, ligs are completley gone, not much discharge, sunken in the barrel, udder almost full. and shes making a really wierd noise, as she breathes; sounds like she's Really uncomfortable. makes me feel better if she has more than two, she has four separated teats. so hopefully no bottlefeeding.

so i've been comforting her, :hug: with her own stall, heat lamp, mollases water, and a bit of grain.

pictures soon, waiting for dawn, so i can feed....and take pics.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Wow!! Should we call her Star or Titanic? LOL. Hopefully she is due earlier rather then later! Poor girl! Can't wait to see the kids (I think it is pretty safe to say multiples!).

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i'd love twins, or trips. hopefully one boy for my market project. :coffee2:

btw is the graning normal? none of my other does groaned that load before kidding. they grunted.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I've had does groan while pregnant. Especially while laying down.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well here are current pictures as of 9:00 am.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    more of her and her stall buddy, a registered nigerian dwarf, named SVM Precious Dawn.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, my gosh! :shocked: She is HUGE! Poor girl, how very, very uncomfortable. I am going to hope and hope she does kid very soon!

Cute little Nigerian doe you have there too. :)

8. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Wow she is BIG- and to tell you the truth, I think your looking closer to the end of your projected due dates! :shocked:
    :pray: :girl: :girl: :boy: