Started stocking our pond today

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by trob1, Apr 19, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Our local co-op had fish to stock ponds for sale today so we went out and got lots of advise and lots of fish to start stocking our pond on our new farm. We got catfish, bluegill, grass carp and minnows to start and will add bass in the fall. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can you see the minnows in this pictures? Everything is getting so green up there, I love it.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that is the first think i noticed - how green it is getting!

My brother has a small pond in our backyard and he has a bass, catfish and something else i already forgot what it was. they caught them when fishing and he had to bring them home!

Will you fish out of your pond?

So what are you going to start building first on the property?

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well we just got our septic tank in and field lines so we can get our garage built with an apartment in it so we can live there while we build. We really are playing it by ear as the economy is so erratic right now. We really want to sell our current home before we start building our actual home. We might start fencing and build my goat barn when the garage is done.

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Oh and yes we will eventually fish out of our pond. It is about 2 acres and 25 feet deep so we hope to have alot of fish in it. my hubby and son love to fish.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    2 acres -- really! wow thats a big pond!!!!! our entire property is only 1 acre

As to building and the economy.........I was hearing about that from a friend and she said the price of just copper pipes went up like 600%!

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm so jealous ... in a good way :wink: What a beautiful site and having a stocked pond is fantastic.

Best of wishes on all your building and on selling your current house so you can make the move.

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Wow- that is so neat- it's deep enough that the herons and such can't clean you out. Talk about self-sufficient- and fish pooped water- great for irrigation.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Beautiful property!! Looks like goat heaven there :)