Starting a cheese dairy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by QualityCaprine, Dec 6, 2007.

1. QualityCaprine

QualityCaprine New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Hey, my name is Shelly. I was a goat webber that luckily has found something new to busy myself with. I am currently a Sr in high school and I raise mostly alpines. I am totally hooked on showing. This show season was a total thrill by getting my first Best in Show at a large ADGA show with my alpine buck CH Moore's-Meadow Kundun Cody. When I go to college next year, all of my does will go to a gal that I have been working with for several years now named Sara. She has been working very hard and knows more about making quality cheese than I would even hope to dream about. This year was my first Nationals and all of the does made the cut except one and two does even made it into the top 10. I am very excited about dairy goats and am hoping to make new goat friends and reunite will some old goat web buddies.

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!!

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! I've just started showing this year and am totally hooked on it as well. It's so much fun. And also I find myself learning alot as well. Glad to have you here!!

4. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Welcome to the Goat Spot. The people here are great! :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I seen the Moores at a show in LR AR about 4 years ago there stuff is amazing. Alpines and Toggs both. 8)

6. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    welcome. hope you enjoy it here.
    i have been to the moores place in TX's they have some really nice goats.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome!! Nice to see you here :)

8. QualityCaprine

QualityCaprine New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Cody is such a wonderful buck. He seems to work well in any herd. He has progeny in 8 different herds in 5 states. I have never actually seen the Moore's herd. I was sad they weren't at Nationals this year.

9. eliya

eliya New Member

Welcome, QualityCaprine! I know you from the goat shows forum. You do have some nice goats!