The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls are starting to look better and eat better, we are now up to 1 pound each a day. I can tell a difference in the coats and color after worming #2, still have 2 left to go. I believe they have both gained some weight, not for sure how much.. anyways.

I noticed them limping on 8/13 so I went and got my neighbor who trims for me on 8/13, (he had trimmed them less then a month before that), said they had grown out really fast, trimmed them and said they might limp for up to a week.

It seemed to get better 4 days or so after, and stayed better for a week maybe a little more, but hasn't gone away yet, and seems it may be a little worse.

I posted pictures of the front hooves of the one who is limping the worst, the other isn't that bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
if they are on a high protien feed this will cause the hooves to grow faster...also genetics..my Saanen buck needs to be trimmed every two weeks..we have sandy ground..

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does she need trimmed again ?are ground is hard

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
I would trim again see if it don't help.they don't look too bad to me from the pic. Also check for any heat in the hooves. Check to see if the walls are pulling away from the pad ... Check and see if there is any swelling or heat in the knee area as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts