State Line Kidding Thread! All done for this year.

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Dover Farms, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I was going to wait another week to start this, but I just couldn't wait anymore! :laugh: We have 4 does due in 5 weeks! :leap: Will I ever plan on breeding everyone for April(and one in May) again? NOPE!! It's just too long of a wait! :hair: Anywho, I did get a few not very good pics today...so here they are.

Flicka ~ 4/7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marla ~ 4/7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lark ~ 4/7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carizma ~ 4/14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Re: State Line Kidding Thread!

Good luck cant waite to see baby pics. I have a nubian/boer cross due 4/7 to. But I really cant tell she's pregnant so who knows. They have been busting around on each other alot so I guess its waite and see.

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Woohoo!! So exciting!! I agree, I kidded out mostly in March last year and it was too long of a wait! :D I'm sure your gonna have some pretty kiddo's!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Looks like you are gonna have alot of sleepless nights soon!

Can't wait to see little long eared babies! :leap:

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

Sending :kidred: vibes your way. I'm sure you will have lots of pretty kids,especially from Flicka :wink: lol I agree, it is a long wait, I'm waiting on a bottlebaby to be born now, my first doe is due in about 2 weeks,then one at the end of April and one early May

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Thanks everyone!! I am so excited about some of(well all of!) our breedings this year! :leap:

Liz, I shouldn't have too many sleepless nights...Thank God! :pray: We induce and we're planning on late morning/early afternoon kids. :wink:

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

:leap: :leap: :leap: ONLY 4 MORE WEEKS!!!! :leap: :leap: :leap:

8. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

You've got to be super excited! Snowy is looking monster huge, Daisy is hiding hers I think. We have between 5 and 7 days left! I can't wait to see what your kids look like, since some will have the same dads! :grouphug:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

we will have the kidding boom at the same time

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

It will be a kidding boom alright! I've never had more than two does kid on the same day! :shocked:

Good luck with your does, Patti! Hopefully they will give you does. :kidred: :kidred: You have one bred to Mavrick and the other to Roulette, right? I am so excited though! First round of kids will be two sets of Mojito kids and two sets of Mavrick kids. Then a week later we will have Roulette and Stetson kids. :greengrin:

11. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

Yes we do. I cannot wait. I think Snowy will go sometime today. We got up at 5am, nothing. Then at 7am when we went out, her tail was very wet and her udder is huge. We gave her a break and will check in a half hour!

Good luck with your girls! We are so excited to compare our kids to their half bros/sisters. It should be kind of interesting.

12. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Re: State Line Kidding Thread! **Only 3 more weeks left!!**

Just 3 more weeks....

13. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Re: State Line Kidding Thread! Only 1 more week left!!

Just one more week! I'm so excited!!! :stars: I clipped the four girls that are due first. Don't know what kind of clip you want to call it, because I'm sure it's not exactly a dairy clip. :laugh: It's a I-don't-want-hair-in-my-milk-bucket clip! Without further ado here they are:

Lilu
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lark
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marla
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flicka
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry...some of the pics are kinda hard to see because of the way the sun was shining.

So, how many do you think they will have? They were ultrasounded, but that isn't always 100%. And especially because they were ultrasounded at around 90 days which makes it harder to tell how many.

14. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

I think Marla has a single and everyone else has twins! Good luck with the births--you are gonna be so busy! :)

15. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Wow, final stretch is super exciting! Ditto, I think you have lots of twins coming! :dance:

16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Re: State Line Kidding Thread! First round of kids tomorrow

Well tomorrow is the day! :leap: Think and pray for uneventful kiddings. :pray:

Chores right now only consist of feeding hay and some grain and watering. That's all gonna change tomorrow! Going from practically nothing to milking 4 does and most likely feeding 8 kids.... :help: :GAAH: :laugh:

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Sounds like it will be a crazy time!

I hope you get what you are hoping for from each doe :pray:

18. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Very cool!! Can't wait to see what they give you!

19. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois

How exciting!! :leap: and exhausting!! :wink: lol

20. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping for some very pretty kids. :greengrin: And there'd better be some does!!

Quick update on the girlies before I go to bed..
    Lilu ~ Ligs still there...not much of an udder just yet.
    Flicka ~ Ligs still there, udder has fill from just the evening chores, but has a long way to go.
    Marla ~ She's the one that's got me concerned. :roll: Ligs are pretty much gone from what I can tell...but she isn't quite "mushy" yet and her udder has also fill since chores.
    Lark ~ Ligs still there, udder just starting to fill.

Alright, it's off to bed for me! Gonna go out at 3am and 5am to check them...Mom is covering 4am and 6am(she gets up then anyways) and I'll be up at 7am.