The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the requirements for crossing md, wv, va lines as far as tagging? We are hopefully:pray: moving to Va this fall/winter if everything works out with a house we put an offer on and I will be needing to move my 6 goats across state lines.
I know Pa does not require scrapie IF the animal is tattooed and matches the reg papers. But I do not know about the other states. I would prefer not to have tags in my goats ears, these 6 I kept are only pets and I just don't like the appearance of the tags. One of the adult does is already registered, she is missing one tag I forget which it is though (she had scrapie in one ear farm tag in the other). I can register the 4 kids with ABGA and tattoo them. The other adult doe is the one I am not sure what to do about. She is not registerable and does not have any tags. She had a hole in her ear when we bought her about 4 years ago, but no tag. Could I just tattoo my state and farm prefix into her ear as it reads on my scrapie tags?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i think the federal requirements are the same. you can contact the dept of agriculture in the states you are going to and ask. you will need health certificates and permits for the states you are going to. i believe the tatoo is sufficient as long as it is readable.

·
Super Moderator
58,246 Posts
You will need a health certificate from the vet. I would contact the vet and find out what the state you are going to requires. Anything in between doesn't matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts