Status update

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by rkalgren, Sep 11, 2010.

1. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    I just thought I would update my status, since I have not been on for awhile. We are building a new house and barn s on ten acres :leap: . We now total 11 dogs, 8 ND goats, 4 cats, 4 horses, 1 miniature donkey, 30+ pigeons and 80+ chickens. :shrug:
    Oldest daughter has started attending Edinboro University. :hi5:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow lots of land thats awesome! congrats :D

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Bob :wave:

Wow you have been BUSY!! Hope to see you around more often once you have the time!

4. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    We also have the use of my parents 51 acres that is attached to ours. I already have the horses pastured there.

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    good to hear from you! Sounds like you've got quite the hobby farm going! :)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is wonderful.... :thumb: ....no wonder you haven't been around ...your to busy.... glad you updated us..on your Status....miss seeing ya around though... :hug:

7. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Is there really any such thing as a hobby farm? They are all hard work.

8. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Ha ha! Love the "hobby farm" comment... so true...
    :drool: over all that LAND!! And that's wonderful to be so close to family & be able to utilize the additional pasture! Sounds great!
    Congrat's on the new home!

9. Mary Thomas

Mary Thomas New Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Hi folks, I haven't posted in a long while the majority my time behind a computer is at work, and when I get home I don't feel like staring at a screen any more. Anyway I had to comment on the Hobby Farm. Yea right.....LOL!!!! you live in the country, have some acerage, animals, chickens, dog, cats...... there is no such thing as a hobby farm. My DH and I don't even go fishing cause there is too much yard to keep up with (which my flower gardens are really weed gardens), goats to tend, pens to build (there never seems to be enough). Regardless I wouldn't change a thing I love it. I was raised in the country, lived in the city for 15yrs, couldn't wait to get out. Now they'll have to bury me on our place cause I'm not leaving. They can put me in our pet cemetary.lol!!! :stars:

10. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I love it......put you in the pet cemetary....... I feel the same way.

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    We only have a couple of acres, and it's a lot of work :) I'd LOVE to have 10 acres and the work though! I want more land soooooo soooo badly! Hopefully in the next few years! We'd like to buy a bigger place, and rent our place out to someone in the family - keep some goats here and get a few family members into them. Wishful thinking for now :) I'd love to have some chickens too, I miss going out for fresh eggs!

12. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I second (or third or fourth) the 'hobby farm' comment as well...it is definitely HARD, HARD work! Sounds wonderful, though, and worth it! We love all of our critters!