The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Steve back in September. He was underweight, had an upper resp infection and had cocci. Just wondering if he is close to the right weight. I've never owned Nubian before, so I don't know what they look like at this age (7 months) . :eek: Pics are from last month, camera has problems right now.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
He still looks thin.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
He does still look a bit small but I agree that it will take awhile to get him back to where he should be. I don't have pictures of my guys on this computer that are in that age range but here is a short video clip on youtube I did. They are 7 going on 8 months old in the clip. Hope this helps to judge future weight goals. (forgive me for the way the kids are walking as I had not worked on their leading skills for about 2 months do to busy schedule).

Steve has such a kind sweet face I am glad he now has a great living home!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies!

If my camera would only work I could get some more up to date pics. He has put on a little more weight, not anywhere near as big as your boys though.:eek:hlala:

He gets the best quality good fed I could find, plus free choice hay. He also nibbles grass, leaves and acorns. This goat is a little hoover.

He is so full of energy it is ridiculous. When he decides he doesn't want to walk on his leash, he hopes straight up. Once he went over my head! I'm 5"11!:eek:

·
Registered
625 Posts
He looks a whole lot better than my little wether (vet has seen him twice so far)....
Steve's coat is smooth, looks shiny with bright eyes and no discharge at nose mouth eyes....
Looks like your TLC is headed in the right direction.
LOVE his name BTW (we are naming our little Buckling.... Norbert...)....

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Thank you for your replies!

If my camera would only work I could get some more up to date pics. He has put on a little more weight, not anywhere near as big as your boys though.:eek:hlala:

He gets the best quality good fed I could find, plus free choice hay. He also nibbles grass, leaves and acorns. This goat is a little hoover.

He is so full of energy it is ridiculous. When he decides he doesn't want to walk on his leash, he hopes straight up. Once he went over my head! I'm 5"11!:eek:
No Worries just be patience as it does take time. I am sure he is getting the best of everything so don't worry too much as it is a long hard road even after he is healthy and worm free.

He is just jumping for joy when you are leading him thanking you for the good home. . .Right? No worries I have one doe that still does not lead well. She will follow you anywhere but if you put a collar/lead or halter on her she will lock up all four legs and if you try to encourage forward motion she will lay down! She is a little spoiled though. I can't wait to see how Steve turns out after a bit more time. Keep us posted and hang in there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Worries just be patience as it does take time. I am sure he is getting the best of everything so don't worry too much as it is a long hard road even after he is healthy and worm free.

He is just jumping for joy when you are leading him thanking you for the good home. . .Right? No worries I have one doe that still does not lead well. She will follow you anywhere but if you put a collar/lead or halter on her she will lock up all four legs and if you try to encourage forward motion she will lay down! She is a little spoiled though. I can't wait to see how Steve turns out after a bit more time. Keep us posted and hang in there.
I know, but it is hard when you see this skinny little waif in among the piglets.:ROFL: Everyone else is bordering on overweight!

He is a little "off" at times. He gets lost in his own pasture, falls off the dog house and lands on his back, etc. When you put a leash on him he gives you this "What is this? What does it do?" look every.single.time.

Mine do the laying down thing to. Actually, one tips over, one screams and another tries to eat the leash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts