The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Wonderful that she is doing better!! Remember to keep up the injections for the entire course of treatment... Pen G 2x a day for 5 days and the Thiamine (during the first 24 hours after the initial injection, every 6 hours then 2x a day)
Her future certainly looks bright :hug:

·
1,524 Posts
I agree with the large doses of thiamine or B Complex. I would also give her some dexamethasone which will help with inflammation (the pain and blindness.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi everyone,

It's been a hectic day (very busy!) but just wanted to let you ladies know that Sugar is well on the mend! Her pupils, her temperature, her stool, her movement, her personality coming back...the way she was bucking around when I tried to get ahold of her to take her temperature...she's a much, much happier goat. :)

Eating and drinking well. Hooray!

·
Registered
31,400 Posts
awe..never get tired of hearing good news :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you all so much for all your advice and support - this morning her temperature was 101.7 - the same as her (very vibrant!) sister's.

She was surprisingly pleased to see me, considering I have been jabbing her regularly, and was happily nosing around me and was pretty disappointed when I didn't give her her sweet-feed ration along with the others.I left her stuffing hay into her mouth as though it was the best thing ever.

I'm glad we were able to catch this so early and save her from getting a bad case. I'm going to keep her on a Vit. B oral gel for a few days after finishing the injections to avoid any relapse and keep her vitamins 'topped up'.

THANK you all for your help!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts