The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 21 Posts

· Registered
847 Posts
Stooopid question:

Since the goats follow naturally, when do you need a halter? When I first adopted the older goats and they didn't know me I only had to use a makeshift halter twice. Then I looped the lead back through the collar with a half hitch on the nose. It only had to be there about 20 seconds before he started behaving.

· Registered
847 Posts
Thanks. I guess I should get some in case someone else needs to lead them, like if I loan them to my daughter and her husband.

· Registered
847 Posts
I'll be trying the pack string with halters this weekend. Diego has been in several herds, and has some personality quirks that are growing stronger. They are likely why he has been bounced around a bit.

I am tempted to hook up some remote controls to the halter from the crossbuck. Then I could steer him from 100 yards.

Rex, you think we could get a patent on that? ;-)

· Registered
847 Posts
What kind of goats are those? Do they poke themselves in the back when they lift their heads?
Can they still absorb water from the air with those straws on their heads when they are all bent over like that?
Are they related to pigs? If not, do they get embarrassed wearing pig halters?

I just had to clear the air of stupid questions...

They look like they work great.

1 - 4 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.