Still here

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sparks879, Feb 19, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Ok guys, i know i have been quite elusive this last week or so. I have been sooooo busy. We went camping over the weekend, because it was probably going to be last chance for a vacation before kidding starts.
    I have yet another job interview on wednesday im really excited about it. All last week i had been talking to the manager at the feed store. kept telling me to come back because he hadn;t heard from his manager on how many new people he could hire. Guy originally said no more in the store they needed people in the warehouse (boys) I was really bummd. Well yesturday i popped in for just a minute and my brother said rick had called. Called him back and he wasn;t in. I called him again this morning and he asked if i could come in again on wednesday morning. I get home and find out from my other brother who also works there but his last day is tomorrow because he just got hired on at boeing and is moving to everett to be closer to work that one if the girls found out she is pregnant and put in her two weeks notice. So now im crossing my fingers that they call a yes on this one!
    We only hae one more month till kidding starts here, getting busy clipping tails getting kidding kits together and building kidding stalls.
    Also have been working a bit more at the farm where i put in a few hours a week. They had quads and triplets born the other day. So i spent all afternoon working there and playing with brand new babies. Got some pictures i will post them in a few days. i can't find my usb cable so i have to use my card reader which is at the other house right now.
    I have a two year old doe that has been quite jealous all week long of all the other goats. I picked up on of my late babies from last year and ruby kept head butting her. She accidently got me in the process of it. Don't know what has gotten into her, she is ususally the stand offish one that doesn't want anything to do with me.
    So there has been my week in a nutshell, i should be on more this week. Though im looking around the house and telling myself i could use some spring cleaning. And my car needs a good clean out. One of the bags of barley had a hole in it the other day. So now i have barley all over my back seat....
    haha never ending huh?
    beth

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Glad to hear from you Beth = thats exciting about the job, I will pray it works out for you.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I got the job! depending on the drug test which i have no doubt that i will pass unless someone slips poppyseeds into my dinner or something :lol:
    beth

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congratulations!!! :cool: :thumbup:

5. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    :leap: YEAH Beth!! Great news on getting the job! :stars:

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Congratulations- Get a feed store emplyee discount?

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thats AWESOME!!!! Gongrats! :leap:

8. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    YAY!!! Congrats! :thumb: :stars: You must be so excited! :greengrin:

9. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
    Congratulations on the new job. :thumb:

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

yes i get everything at cost! so exciting!
    beth

11. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
    Oh wow, that'll save you a lot of money when it comes to animal feed bills.

I just found out recently when I got my cat, Cinders, spayed at the vet's that I am employed at that I get a 20% discount. The bill was $95.00 but was $75.00 after my discount. $20.00 saved is pretty good in my opinion.

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

yea it will definatly help out a lot. Thats great about getting your cat spayed. every little bit helps out!
    beth