Still looking, What about this goat????????? Pics too...

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by peggy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I am still looking for a nice goat, not a show goat and any breed is fine. I would like a milk goat or future milk goat. Like I said before...there aren't a lot of decent goats in my area, especially this time of year. This breeder is local and I have seen the goats in person and like them. They are nice looking goats with good bloodlines. My problem is price. After researching I am finding that good reg. goats of any breed (not show goats just nice goats) in B.C. averages about $350.00 for doelings. This breeder charges $600.00 for doelings. She is new to goats, she recently purchased the exsisting herd. Here are some pics of the doeling and dam and an older doe of same breeding. There is another doeling from another dam that I will post in another thread.What do you think of these?????
    Sorry no udder photos available.

I absolutely love this doeling. She is tall, long, high shoulders, long rump.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Mom but this pic was when she was much younger. She is long and level.
    [​IMG]

Here is a more recent pic. She is deep and has a long graceful neck.
    [​IMG]

This is an older doe from same breeding. She is very deep and has lots of capacity.
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I like this doeling better than the one in your second post...both have nice length and depth but this girls ears are more Nubian looking, they are longer than her face. She also has a better face and head..pronounced Roman nose, the 2nd does nose looked too pointy to me.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I agree with Liz

But I also agree with the other poster -- WHY is she asking much more then the average? is it because she thinks she can or is there show wins, milk stars etc that make them worth more. The parents would have to be Champions to make them worth that kind of money

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks for looking Liz and Stacey.
    I agree Liz, I like this doe better although I think the markings on the other does face gives the illusion of a pointy nose. She does have a very refined head though, I remember that when I saw them. I don't know if this will change as she grows or not.
    Stacey, This herd originally came from Alberta and the average prices for goats is higher there so I'm thinking that she feels she could get the same here. :? I know that the goats are from good lines and the Sire to these kids is a *S, with a heavy lineage of *S, *B, *M and a few GCH. Also the Dam, Skye is a sister to a GCH. 2*M and there are some other * in there but down the line a bit. So I am thinking that because she has a clean herd and good bloodlines that she can justify the higher cost. BUT......I have researched and can get the same thing from other herds for $350. The problem is they are way south of me and nothing is available.

5. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    I would agree with Liz and Stacey that this is the one I would pick of the two.

BUT... you have to decide is the extra $250 worth it. If you wait for options further south and make the drive verses going with this one.

6. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I know Amika.....that is the problem. I know if I wait, then I can get a nice doeling at the $350.00 plus transport (around $50.00) and possibly even get one from another local breeder next spring. But I love this doeling and she is available now......I guess I am just being impatient???? What to do...what to do????? Maybe they will trade some artwork for her???? LOL....