The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
You're doing great and I love the boots spray recipe. I love snd prefer using ess. Oils and herbs with my herd and always amazed on how well they work. Keep up the good work...mamma will be up and going full speed in no time

·
8,071 Posts
Those cattle uterine bolus's can be used on goats- break one in half, soak in warm distilled water or boiled water then gently squirt inside her (especially if you can't go back in)- use a feeding tube to sort of direct it into the uterus. (warm is less shocky to her, but not too hot).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You're doing great and I love the boots spray recipe. I love snd prefer using ess. Oils and herbs with my herd and always amazed on how well they work. Keep up the good work...mamma will be up and going full speed in no time
Thank you so much! She's fully healed other than some normal postpartum bleeding. I had never seen a goat vagina that looked so bad. It was like a scab on the whole thing. But using that ointment once and the spray several times a day for 3 days basically made the whole scab come off at once and perfect healthy skin was underneath. After 3 days of spraying it I decided it should probably just dry up and I think it ended up working out perfectly. She's eating like a cow and an awesome mom. Thank you guys all so much!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Those cattle uterine bolus's can be used on goats- break one in half, soak in warm distilled water or boiled water then gently squirt inside her (especially if you can't go back in)- use a feeding tube to sort of direct it into the uterus. (warm is less shocky to her, but not too hot).
I have some on order in case this ever happens again and I'm so grateful to have learned about it. You guys are the best! A friend of mine is expecting kids from 5 does next month for the first time so I'm sharing with her as well since I'll hopefully never need 50 uterine boluses. ♡

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Banamine is rx only. And ask for a whole bottle not just a few doses. It is not expensive by the bottle but can get pricey per shot. It is a great med to have on hand.

Also... we use biomycin instead of la..... it is the same med just no stinging. ;).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts