The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Fair-Haven
4,614 Posts
We don't get a stimulus check, and don't want one. Frankly, this country is so much in debt it needs to go to people who have lost their jobs, etc. A couple of my kids, who are still steadily employed through this whole mess get one. I've asked them to gift it to someone who really needs it. Waste of money, that will come back to bite us through taxes, etc. If we need to spend it, give it to people who need it. Sorry for the rant, but makes me upset.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
@goatblessings I agree. It should go to the unemployed. Here in SA we have UIF. Unimployment insurance fund. Every employed person contributes. If you are fired or retrenched then you can claim for 6 months. Also if you have a baby. 4 months is what you claim. If you are sick and can no longer draw sick pay. This fund pays out for 6 months.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We don't get a stimulus check, and don't want one. Frankly, this country is so much in debt it needs to go to people who have lost their jobs, etc. A couple of my kids, who are still steadily employed through this whole mess get one. I've asked them to gift it to someone who really needs it. Waste of money, that will come back to bite us through taxes, etc. If we need to spend it, give it to people who need it. Sorry for the rant, but makes me upset.
I felt that way too. We were "essential" so we were blessed to have money coming in. I had to quit my job though because I lost my babysitter. We used our money to pay up some debt we are in and some on things I needed for the goats. So we have been pretty responsible with it at least. I did think it was odd that people who had jobs still were getting money.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I am with you goatblessings. We are retired and our income is constant. The last one we used to pay a destitute friend of ours to repair our roof and put up new rain gutters. (win-win) This one I just transferred to savings until we find a helpful use for it.
No one in our family has had an interruption in income so yeah, I think it should be allocated to those in need of basic necessities.

That being said; absolutely love that puppy. I just took in a new cat. Her owner died. She is about 3 and has been spayed and well cared for. She had some trouble at first. She kept crying at every door. I think she was just sure that her *home* would be on the other side. She has settled in now. Literally, she sleeps on me at night.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am with you goatblessings. We are retired and our income is constant. The last one we used to pay a destitute friend of ours to repair our roof and put up new rain gutters. (win-win) This one I just transferred to savings until we find a helpful use for it.
No one in our family has had an interruption in income so yeah, I think it should be allocated to those in need of basic necessities.

That being said; absolutely love that puppy. I just took in a new cat. Her owner died. She is about 3 and has been spayed and well cared for. She had some trouble at first. She kept crying at every door. I think she was just sure that her *home* would be on the other side. She has settled in now. Literally, she sleeps on me at night.
Poor kitty. Love your heart for taking her in.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I can't imagine how families are handling losing their main source of income.
My husband and I have discussions about this. We have no trouble sheltering in place. But when I see a restaurant or *nonessential* shop defiantly staying open; I have to ask myself what I would do if keeping my business open meant keeping food on the table and paying rent. If they want us to shut down they need to make sure we do not starve in the process!!

·
I'm watching you
22,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
If it makes you all feel better the $400 that I paid for the pup went to an older Mexican gal who has been caring for all her grandkids thru this and needed a way to pay her property taxes.
The puppy food is sourced from American and Canadian ingredients.
The rest will go to American sourced teething chews, toys, and training equipment.

She is starting to fit in and become more comfortable with her surroundings.
20210105_174957.jpg
20210107_180334.jpg

21 - 40 of 58 Posts