The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a horrible time with pigeons in the barn. What is the best way to remove them? There are about 20 of them but they are multiplying fast. They are pooping on everything and I’m worried about the health of the goats. Not to mention all the young kids in the barn too. I need them OUT!
Bird spikes aren’t an option because of the tall roof. I’ve thought about plastic owls but I’ve read that the pigeons are too smart for that. What else?

·
8,487 Posts
I used to work at a huge research farm- They used big beach ball type blow up things with a big black circle on them- I guess they were owl eyes? Anyway, they hung from the rafters and it did keep
most of the birds out of the big loafing sheds. (held 300 holstein cows.).
Short of shooting them with bird shot, hanging stuff might help. Flapping pie tins (shiny ones) keep crows out, maybe those darn flying rats.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol thanks I was thinking the same thing! Maybe I could hire one of the neighbor boys... they are down to earth country boys I’m sure they would love to! I love the tin foil pan idea that might work for some of them. They have made nests in there too so it’ll probably take something drastic to get them out once and for all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts