STOLEN: Nigerian Dwarf Goat Herd

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by KW Farms, Jan 11, 2011.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    This was posted on a yahoo group. Just wanted to get it posted on here. Also, if we can get people sending emails out to anyone around the area to help these guys find their goats that would be most appreciated I am sure.

I can't even imagine what they must be going through. Please, if you can send prayers that they get the goats back and are comforted through this hard time.

Here is the email...

This is shout out to all my goat loving friends across the country. My friend, Stephanie L. (Hicks) Quesenberry also known to many of you of Featherbed Farm had her herd of Nigerian Dwarf Goats stolen from her farm in Dugspur, VA on November 7, 2010. They weren't only valuable, but Stephanie has a huge heart and is missing them dearly and would love to know just where they could possible have disappeared to. I'm asking you to put your voice out there to all your friends to hear and post this and these photos (I'll try to get the photos in an album)for all to see. You never know where they may show up. If you have any information your more than welcome to contact me through my e-mail address [email protected] or send Stephanie a message (maybe through FB), if you happen to know the where abouts of any of these goats. The goat world isn't all that large and thanks to forums like these, it make us all more like family. With all of looking out for them, one of us is bond to run across some of Steph's goats. Thanks, Bob

2. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Holy cow, someone stole an entire herd?! What is wrong with people? They can't possibly think they can get away with selling any of them and not getting caught...If pictures come up, let us know. I live right below Washington, so I can keep an eye out around here should they migrate down-wards.

3. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    So the goats were in Va when they were stolen??
    How many goats? What breed?
    Ear tattoos??
    What an awful awful thing!!
    Yes, pictures and posting!!
    I am so sorry!! I do hope
    she gets them back!!

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    :oops: Nigerians, yea, right..=)

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Ok, just got some photos, but there are more goats than this. Not sure on tattoos. And these goats were stolen from Dugspur, VA.

NC Promisedland PAL Patriot
    [​IMG]

Springs Run MS Brianna
    [​IMG]

Featherbed Farm Bittersweet
    [​IMG]

Country Bunkins Sachet
    [​IMG]

Springs Run Haiku's Tamiko
    [​IMG]

Featherbed Farm Ashley Trouble
    [​IMG]

NC PromisedLand SIA Savvy
    [​IMG]

6. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  7. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Oh my gosh! My goaties are my children - I would be crying rivers if I ever lost even one! This is just terrible!?! I can't even believe it...
    How does one steal an entire herd? Are the police involved and such? I hope/assume so. Gosh, my heart goes out to them....
    Prayers sent their way for a whole lot of safe returns...

8. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I don't know any other details then what was in the above email. I would imagine though that they have contacted the police.

9. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    What a tragedy! What beautiful animals!!
    Thanks for the update!

10. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Yikes! How heartbreaking!
    I live just North in MD. I checked craigslist around the surrounding areas, as it's a big goat buying site around here.
    They might want to keep an eye out in places like that.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    this happened 2 months ago -- there have been no leads since then?

12. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I guess not. It was just made aware on a couple yahoo groups yesterday.

13. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Yeah, I only just got the notice from Bob on his facebook today about the theft, perhaps they are just retouching on it, hoping someone has heard something? Huh....

14. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    From what I understand, she has recovered 4 does, but don't know anything else. Bob said Sachet was one that was recovered (only know this because I have her littermate). It's Featherbed Farm...not sure what her tattoo is.... Breed is ND, and they were stolen in Nov. Bob said they arrested the guy that stole them, but he isn't talking. Getting my info 2nd or 3rd hand, so it may or may not be up to date or correct...but that's what I know.

15. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That is shocking! Someone that brave (stupid) to take anothers entire herd of goats! Unreal! Those folks are devistated I'm sure geez.Hope they get their goats back and then padlock their barn to keep them safe! That's why I love having an LGD cus I don't trust anything or ANYONE.

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is sad.... that some people have to stoop so low....and steal something that someone else worked so hard for..... :doh: :(

17. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Oh my goodness... I was checking for any information or leads that may have come up and there apparently was a HUGE rash of stolen goat herds ALL OVER Virginia during November!! This is terrible!! A herd of Boer goats, all but two found. A herd of Pygmy goats, not sure if any were found yet. And their Nigerians too! This is INSANE! What are people possibly thinking! I just cannot imagine. Horrible, bad people!! Bad bad bad!!

18. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This has happened numerous times in BC Canada these past few months. Anywhere from 2 to 15 goats have been taken from the lower mainland. I couldn't imagine the devistation.

19. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    This is so sad! I hope they are recovered soon, this would just make me sick. Not everyone knows how to care properly for goats and I would just be so worried about their well being. :(

20. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

This is terrible!!!! People who could do this are obviously STUPID. There were 3 dairy bucks recently stolen from someone a town over from us, and I do not know if they have been recovered yet. ITS TERRIBLE and it completely blows my mind that people would stoop so low.